Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would you consider to be high k's for a VT?

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
You're not picky much :p
Who me:angel::D

153,000km is good, Berlina's still go for $8000-$12000+ in some car yards more and that's just V6 99-2000 models.

s_ikari2015

Fun IS easier with an 8
Reaction score
Members Ride
'02 Monaro V2 CV8, '90 Toyota Sera
two very easy guides... First, do a vehicle evaluation using carsales.com.au as they use Redbook and that shows you the AVERAGE KMs for a vehicle make, model and year.

Second, check the service book. If there are still services in the book (like a page for a 200,000km service) and the car hasn't reached that many KMs yet, then it isn't high KMs for that car. My 98 VT has done over 220,000kms. It's in need of front wheel bearings and probably some serious rewiring in places as this deteriorates quicker than anything else usually. Other than that it's still mechanically fine.

I would say 250,000kms is on the high end of an "average use" car.

GTP 85

291 hp @ the wheels
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY04 WRX, VS SSenator & VS V6 track weapon
Had a VT I '98. serviced regularly and really taken care of. with 155 000km on it started using 1L of oil between every 5000km service. probably just a bad engine though.

veeque92

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman SeriesII 5.7
I personally would never buy a car with more than 150K on it unless it was an old car with project intentions.

That when thing seem to start going wrong which is not why you buy a newer car in my opinion. You normally buy a newer car so you dont have to worry so much about the little problems here and there.

HoldenMan7

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SS 6 SPEED MANUAL
I personally would never buy a car with more than 150K on it unless it was an old car with project intentions.

That when thing seem to start going wrong which is not why you buy a newer car in my opinion. You normally buy a newer car so you dont have to worry so much about the little problems here and there.

Thou even with new cars you can still get problems. though i no where your coming from...

george vx

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx belina
my vx belina has done 190,000 km's and in i have not had any problems with it beside the blower fan ****ed up and i give my car hell.

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
Hey guys,

Just wondering what you'd consider to be 'high' kilometres for a 2000 model VT II.

I'm looking at a Supercharged Berlina and half me thinks the K's are good, the other half of me thinks it may be a bit high. But I think my view on what's actually high is hindered by the fact i'm stressing my VN has high K's as it now has 174,000 on it!

So yeah, what's would sort of K's would consider to be acceptable for that model? (I'm not telling what the one I'm looking at has on it, coz I want a completely honest opinion! :p)

if your stressing because your VN has 174000K's on it....thats not high for the age of a VN :)) unless it's been around the clock).i also have a VT 1997 i think :) that has 125 500K's on it pretty low for a a VT that has just turned 10 years old,iv'e seen VT's with 280 000 + K's on them....your talking high when your getting to them figures and over.iv'e got my eye on a VY SS ute 6 spd with 99 000 K's on it (2003)

samuels

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX HSV XU6
Hey guys,

Just wondering what you'd consider to be 'high' kilometres for a 2000 model VT II.

I'm looking at a Supercharged Berlina and half me thinks the K's are good, the other half of me thinks it may be a bit high. But I think my view on what's actually high is hindered by the fact i'm stressing my VN has high K's as it now has 174,000 on it!

So yeah, what's would sort of K's would consider to be acceptable for that model? (I'm not telling what the one I'm looking at has on it, coz I want a completely honest opinion! :p)

it all depends on how often the car was used,and as everyone has said how regularly it was serviced,for a 2000 model with say 250 000K's i would be leaning towards being a bit high for the car,especially if it's from tassie,from memory thats where you are from....isn't it?

veeque92

Reaction score
Members Ride
WH Statesman SeriesII 5.7
If your patient enough you will find a car with low kays. we just picked up a 98 vs statesman with 96k on the clock. most averaged about 150+.

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
Its not easy finding a supercharged berlina. I'd say seal the deal if the car is in good working order.