Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What would you do..?

MACE

Reaction score
No worries... :( Really would like a cam.. I guess ill get the Rockers and Throttle body and rebuild instead...

You could go a grind from crow, which are a bit bigger then the factory item. At least if you wanted more you could always run them with the higher ratio rockers. Referring to one of these cams here which we can supply at a good price

http://www.crowcams.com.au/media/catalogues/39.0 Holden V6.pdf

If you have any more questions please don't hesitate to ask.

Cheers,
Steve

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Just FYI, when I got my cam in (comp cam stage 2) with 3.7's diff, it lost alot of bottom end, but soon as you hit about 2500rpm it's like you hitting the throttle down again but you're not if you understand what I mean. Kicks in pretty well. Soon as I got the manual in, so much more controllable, I've tried to master taking off getting as much power down without spinning the wheels but it just seems to spin. Need to try on a strip and slicks haha, but car is being sold next week so that won't happen :(.

If you get a 2500RPM Stall or 2800RPM stall (more recommended as this is when it really kicks in) You won't even need to worry about the little bit you lost.

MACE

Reaction score
Just FYI, when I got my cam in (comp cam stage 2) with 3.7's diff, it lost alot of bottom end, but soon as you hit about 2500rpm it's like you hitting the throttle down again but you're not if you understand what I mean. Kicks in pretty well. Soon as I got the manual in, so much more controllable, I've tried to master taking off getting as much power down without spinning the wheels but it just seems to spin. Need to try on a strip and slicks haha, but car is being sold next week so that won't happen :(.

If you get a 2500RPM Stall or 2800RPM stall (more recommended as this is when it really kicks in) You won't even need to worry about the little bit you lost.

Thanks for the detailed feedback DevilDRake :D

You've sold you car :( Why?

Someone definitely got themselves a good deal for sure!

DevilDRake

Braaaap
Reaction score
Website
www.devildrake.deviantart.com
Members Ride
2006 VZ SS 6L Ute
Thanks for the detailed feedback DevilDRake :D

You've sold you car :( Why?

Someone definitely got themselves a good deal for sure!

Yeah it's going pretty cheap aswell for how much that's been spent on it. But I need a Van or a Ute as I'm racing the motocross season and I'd rather have something easier to transport it rather than towing twice a week.

MACE

Reaction score
Yeah it's going pretty cheap aswell for how much that's been spent on it. But I need a Van or a Ute as I'm racing the motocross season and I'd rather have something easier to transport it rather than towing twice a week.

Ah fair enough. If you're consistently competing in motocross then a ute or a van would be better suited. Bit of a shame though :( Hopefully who every buys it will take care of the ol girl as well as you have :)

letthiswork1

Thomas
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute (2003)

That's the exact reason i have my ute... I would prefer the 5 seats but i just don't have space for a trailer... Word of warning if your hiking bikes around don't lower it too much.. I just did and its a nightmare.

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
Got the Spacer and Insulator all in and installed.. haven't noticed much of difference but i hadn't been driving my car for a few days so i am sure it will sink in.
Thanks mace :) High ratio rockers next!

Mace gear works well in conjunction with the rest of your car being in perfect working order, did you have your injectors recoed while you had the manifold off? have they been recoed before? I'd highly recommend having them done - this will make the difference a LOT bigger having your injectors actually firing correctly.

to give you an idea, my VY at 117,000ks needed injectors recoed they do clog up pretty quickly (depending on how the car is maintained of course).

letthiswork1

Thomas
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY ute (2003)
Mace gear works well in conjunction with the rest of your car being in perfect working order, did you have your injectors recoed while you had the manifold off? have they been recoed before? I'd highly recommend having them done - this will make the difference a LOT bigger having your injectors actually firing correctly.

to give you an idea, my VY at 117,000ks needed injectors recoed they do clog up pretty quickly (depending on how the car is maintained of course).

To be honest i just ripped it off put the spacer in and put it back togehter.
Which i regret now. I should have cleaned the intake manifold and plenum at the time..

What needs to be done to the injectors exactly?