Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Whats better?? VN or VP??

Which is better??

• VN

Votes: 134 48.9%
  • VP

Votes: 140 51.1%

• Total voters

Cobez

LS-EXUAL
Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 S2 VY SS Ute
well at least vn ss wheels have a use. noone wants to use vp ss wheels. theyre ugly and people hide them away never to be seen. USELESS!

If you don't go to skidpan days, the VN SS wheels don't have a use either :p

88GreenVN

Next Exit Left
Reaction score
Members Ride
Dodge Ram Van 1500 5.2 V8
Well what a hoot. VN v VP.

The VN is a master bit of design with the VN SS (atlas grey) at the top of the tree. The VN started life in the early 80's and here we are in 2008 still driving them around. How many 1988 model datsuns and toyotas or fords for that matter are still going - bugger all I say.

The VP should be better than the VN as each year they get better at it (making cars).

I was asked if I wanted to tke the VZ to work today - Nope was the reply - I'll take the VN V8 thanks. - I'll take the VN V8 every time. Just love driving it and I can see out the back too!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
100_2898.jpg

Agree 100%!! VP had some absolute haggard exterior and interior colours, the awsome egg crate front bar, stylish clear plastic grill, ****ty red looking garnishes, worst IRS setup ever (especially if you want to put rims on it) and some ugly spats to compensate for the fact your all weak and won't lower then in the weeds!
Also I think VP SS rims sum up the whole model :rofl:
Also don't forget they made twice as many VN's as VP's, so the VP can't of sold very well.

Pitty u ruined the SS with those rims :p and if u know wat ur doin its not hard 2 find rims 4 the irs its only the series 1 irs that they have different offsets from front 2 back that have a problem fittin rims on the VP series 2 no dramas wat so eva

VNexecutive

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Calais 5L
voted vn for the simple fact that i wouldnt own one if i didnt like them. you may aswell go to the my ride section and have a look at how many vn's there are compared to vp's and use that as the poll. no-ones gunna own a car if they dont like it.

vnss > any vp.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
my VP doesnt have IRS issues.....

aZk.

RVN 355

Reaction score
Members Ride
91 VN SS 355
Vn Commodore Australias Favourite Commodore . Vn Ss Tuffest Ss Around i agree dave agrssv.Why Get A V Peee With Irs Issues,ugly mags, spats that are of a 50's chev,what were they thinking using velour calais interiors in a SS, the berlina got vn calais mags,It took untill a vr s to get vn ss mags hmmm maybe this says something about the vn's style and technology remember guys without the vn they would not be a vp.

Last edited:

lukas pukas

Bukake, better than cream
Reaction score
Members Ride
RS Liberty/KTM 250sxf
vp's more refined in the exterior looks and some came with full headrests not ones with the middle missing

stocky

Reaction score
Members Ride
1995 HSV Clubsport T5, 1991 VN Berlina