Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's the largest / Most you have moved in a VZ?

Holden=#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SS
Was on the Highway this morning and came past a Bloke in a Red VZ Acclaim, he had a legless dinning room table hanging out the boot with a chair on top, He had the rest of the chairs in the back of the car followed by a old bulky TV, with 2 or 3 suitcases in the passenger seat. I couldn't believe it LOL!

VYMAD

SILVERFOX
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY EXECUTIVE S2
Years ago I had an old HT Kingswood,. Anyway I bought a double bed from a neighbouring town and had no trailer or anything, so I put the head and foot of the bed in the car and tied the rest of the bed to the roof. Had the four windows down a bit and just had rope tied through holding the bed to the roof and consequently all the doors were tied shut! Lucky the cops didn't see me.
Would reckon it would have been a laugh with a table hanging out the boot of a VZ, though.

2005vzute

Djabringyagrogalong
Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
2005 VZ Ute M6
i saw a vy/vz wagon with a tinny hangin out the back once haha, that was hilarious...it only stuck out about 2-3 foot from the boot but it's not everyday you see a boat inside a car, especially a commodore hahaha

*uwishn*

Holden special vehicles
Reaction score
Members Ride
vl walkinshaw(replica)nissan navara d40 st-x turbo
i like the Asians idea of the ping pong table on the roof,off that police show lol.

me&myVZ

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
I have seen a VZ Sedan with a little 1 person sofa in the boot with a large metal filing cabinet on the back seats, but never a table LOL!

Last edited:

Holden=#1

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Commodore SS
Yeah, the Dinning Table was "really" Long probably hung out about a meter and a half LOL!! I have moved large bulky furniture in my VZ, but nothing hanging out like the Bloke with the Acclaim! Gotta love having a big interior LOL!

coasty

the voices told me to
Reaction score
Members Ride
vz equipe & vt berlina both v6
telegraph pole

i got a small telegraph pole home in the wagon.cut it 2 and slid it in. took 3 of us to move each piece. great fence posts.
saw a vz at the panel beaters, he had put coppers logs through the back seat and had abot 3 feet hanging out. somebody ran up the rear and drove the posts through the dash. panel beater said it is close to a write off:banstick:

kohan

kohan
Reaction score
Members Ride
vt exec s1 wagon 6cyl
I bought a 4 seater L shaped couch, and the lady at the furniture store said i needed their delivery van to transport it, so to prove her wrong, and to prove how good my VT wagon is, i said it would fit in my car. She was adamant that it wouldn't. Well i gave it a shot with the back seats down and the front seats shoved forward and arched forward AND.........success. 1 centremetre longer would have seen faliure. I look at my couch now and think how the F*** did that fit in my wagon? God i love commodore wagons, and am stoked there will be 4 commodore wagons in my driveway when my mum buys a VZ wagon this week. VR exec wagon, VT exec wagon, VZ SVZ wagon, and another VZ wagon this week (either exec or SVZ)

Oh and this one time (not at band camp) we fit either 11 or 12 people inside my 1992 magna sedan because only one person was under .05
At the time i thought it would have been highly illegal doing that but i thought what the hell, lets do it. But i have since found out that it wasn't illegal at the time, as the law for having more people than seats/seatbelts in the car came in only 2 years ago.

slidways

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz acclaim
When i moved from melb to adel I had my old vt berlina loaded to the hilt. Took out the back seat when i left adel to have more room ended up fitting a small fridge on its side on the passengers seat with it laying flat my 7 draw tool trolley were the back seat was meant to go several of those big plastic storage tubs in the boot and **** jammed in all around. I could only see through half the windscreen and my drivers window drove like that 800kms back to adel lol