Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

What's the ZB commodore like any issues? What do the owners of ZB think? Pointless thread ruined by one user.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
....and

It's FWD, 4 cyl, an import (the Cruze that is). Ohh that's a ZB too.

Skylarking

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore Motorsport Edition
ok then, I have a simple question. Can anyone tell me what globes to buy for Non full beam, which is a flaw on my car? , I want quality globes, top of the range if possible. . Repco told me they don’t have ZB globes on their performance list , and as you know I don’t have zenon lighting.
Im not sure Holden will know.. I did call spare parts some months ago , but either didn’t get the right person, or they simply wait till you book it in , and then theyll have a look.
Repco told me that performance globes will throw more white and further, but will fail earlier or much earlier?
btw yes I did stick it up Stooge, but will he have the grace to reverse what he said about comparing my ZB 4 to a Cruze. Very few say sorry even when there is little to lose. And you don’t want to get a bs reply, you just want “ I’m sorry, it’s was an angry remark, the ZB 4 petrol is a better car, and it was not a good comparison to make” , rather than done obscure comment
Can’t recommend any gloves for your ZB but if lighting isn’t great, you could be able to get all the needed bits for matrix LED headlights from a wrecked ZB which carries them (Calais, VXR?). Would make an interesting mod :p

As to your issues with stooge or others, I don’t care to get in the middle of that and probably better if you didn’t include that paragraph in your reply to my post :rolleyes:

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
If you cant find the bits you require here, there's always eBay in Europe and the UK. Great variety of Opel/Vauxhall parts, usually cheaper as well.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Can’t recommend any gloves for your ZB but if lighting isn’t great, you could be able to get all the needed bits for matrix LED headlights from a wrecked ZB which carries them (Calais, VXR?). Would make an interesting mod :p

I dont think you would be able to retrofit them properly because i would suspect that they have different wiring/plugs and i am pretty sure it uses the eyes forward camera to detect other vehicles to dim the matrix zones so there will be some programming involved that the lower spec variants will not have.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Told myself I would stay away from this thread.

But anyway, you could get the wiring harness from here.

http://www.headlight-headlamp.com/B...dlamp-Lights-Adapter-Harness-Wires-Cable.html

that is handy to upgrade to the buick led assemblies, but i dont know if it will work with the matrix assemblies we have here in australia.
they might be a different part so it may require that you purchase a set of buick regal lights from the usa and that adapter.

it will take someone to purchase that adapter and test out the upper spec zb led assemblies, the matrix dimming system will not work because that is software controlled but the headlamps might operate like normal headlights.

a video of the matrix system in action

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
that is handy to upgrade to the buick standard led assemblies, but i dont know if it will work with the matrix assemblies we have here in australia.
it may require that you purchase a set of buick regal lights from the usa and that adapter.

it will take someone to purchase that adapter and test out the upper spec zb led assemblies, the matrix dimming system will not work because that is software controlled but the headlamps might operate like normal headlights.

a video of the matrix system in action
Presumably the US lights would have the wrong beam pattern though. Wouldn’t you need to get headlights from a right hand drive country?

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
IF all you are going to do is preach then I'll show you the door, just like those that knock on my front door and try to preach, I show them the middle finger!

I've said many times you are entitled to your opinion but that does not give you the right to trash any contrary opinion given by others like you continue to do.

I'm giving you a lot of rope here, I'll let you decide if you choose to hang yourself with it (figuratively speaking that is, I would hate for you to take that the wrong way).

TBH, I really don't give 2 fucks what your opinions are and I don't have time to read all your comments as it's rather tiresome.
Ok thats fair enough. I have said enough.
I've promoted the last Co.modore..I have owned them b4 so I'm not a Falcon man ..but if I was it would have been an XR 6 Turbo, subject to handling ability.
Yes I'd get Tesla Model 3 , but at 80 grand .. na

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
Presumably the US lights would have the wrong beam pattern though. Wouldn’t you need to get headlights from a right hand drive country?
good point, they would be setup for lhd.

Tezza's ZB

Reaction score
Members Ride
ZB LT Sedan 4 cylinder 2 Litre Petrol Turbo
i
Most commonly accepted version of car class is wheelbase. Gives a good indication of interior rear space and therefore its competitors

Cruze - 2685mm
ZB - 2788mm
VF - 2915mm

So ZB is closer to a Cruze than a VF... Seems like an equally fair comparison then
To compare Commodore esp the 4 cyl. petrol turbo with a Cruze is totally laughable.. no one even thinks about it.. it is not worth commenting on
..I won't say much. I just mentioned this to a couple of friends and showed them the context and they said , these people are either trying to get you off the website or are total dills to compare them at all. Buts let's just make two comments.. Cruze is .. um um.a small car . Commodore.. ah um um.... a big car how about that.
.. no question at all . No motoring reviewer, not one, would put these side by side to make a comparison.. So why is that some people resort to rot to save face, when Joe the Blind Miner, knows this . It's breathtaking to look at things people do to preserve their frailty. Trouble is that it stands out like a sore thumb. The only thing a motoring reviewer would do is say here is a look at the differences between a small car and a big car. But never ever compare them .. um isn't it crazy to respond to quality like this.
Just to help bury the issue the Cruze 4 turbo puts out a paltry 132 kw compared to 191 in the ZB 4 . It has 230nm of torque .. the ZB 4 350nm... The Cruze is, being kind a very ordinary car aside from many many other things. Oh dear. What an absolute joke

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.