Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel Alignment for Redline

ltdslip

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT2SS
East Coast Suspension in Taren Point ... unfortunately it’s out of the way for most people.

You'll require a special passport to enter the "SHIRE"

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
You'll require a special passport to enter the "SHIRE"
There's also a swab & 14-day mandatory quarantine, these days ...

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
My experience on tarmac is different.

The softer the tyre the more camber I needed to dial in, the softer tyre with more camber always gave me better times.

It's easy to tell if you don't have enough camber as the tyre will roll over and you will have wear down near where the tread meets the sidewall, to much and the wear will finish on the top of the tyre.

For the track to get it right you need a needle pyrometer, this will tell the real story of where your camber and pressure is at.

Me, for a easy guide to how my tyre is wearing on the street I use the wear marker arrows as a guide, I try to get the same distance between the inner and outer edges. The RE003's seem to like 36 psi cold on the street.

As for toe, with rwd I like 0 f and 0 to a little in at the rear. AWD is 0 f and r.

I have no idea about what works with FWD.

This is typically how I like my cars setup, not overly sprung and typically well dampered.(in saying that I'm currently running FE2 spec with king springs and ultima dampers on my VX with stock sway bars, it's a nice comfy ride which actually handles quite well for what it is).

As mentioned...Alignment settings are done by reading tyre wear...You have obviously got your settings which work for your application, where for others application, the settings will be different....I have never had to set an alignment to suit a particular brand of tyre....And I have set cars for racing on tarmac, dirt and for normal road use....

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
That's your skewed interpretation.

Wouldn't say my interperation was skewed...More you stretching the truth....The mounts are available from the supplier of the alignment machine, where you made it seem as it wasn't....

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
As mentioned...Alignment settings are done by reading tyre wear...You have obviously got your settings which work for your application, where for others application, the settings will be different....I have never had to set an alignment to suit a particular brand of tyre....And I have set cars for racing on tarmac, dirt and for normal road use....
Well you're not a very good aligner becuase different brands will react to the road differently. This is because all tyres vary on how much they flex under load.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67
Can you two take your **** somewhere else please, members are getting sick of your personal arguments breaking out in multiple threads.

AAAC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF2 Motorsport
The 2017 Chevrolet SS owners manual has instructions for track driving. Cold tyre pressure should be at least 36 lbs and wheel alignment:
Front Alignment Specification
. Caster: 6.0 +/- 1.25 degrees
. Camber: -0.9 +/- 0.1 degrees
. Total or Sum Toe: 0.17 +/- 0.17 degrees
Rear Alignment Specification
. Camber: -0.4 +/- 0.10 degrees
. Total or Sum Toe: 0.2 +/- 0.20 degrees
Thrust Angle: 0 +/- 0.20 degrees

I wonder how this will feel on the street?

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Well you're not a very good aligner becuase different brands will react to the road differently. This is because all tyres vary on how much they flex under load.

Definately not.....It shows by me doing more than 4 per day...

And flex.....Yep....Called learning how to read tyre wear and adjust settings according to tyre wear...Pretty sure the flex of the tyre will show up tyre wear patterns, along with other things....Might be wrong with that assumption

shane_3800

Reaction score
Members Ride
vr commo
The 2017 Chevrolet SS owners manual has instructions for track driving. Cold tyre pressure should be at least 36 lbs and wheel alignment:
Front Alignment Specification
. Caster: 6.0 +/- 1.25 degrees
. Camber: -0.9 +/- 0.1 degrees
. Total or Sum Toe: 0.17 +/- 0.17 degrees
Rear Alignment Specification
. Camber: -0.4 +/- 0.10 degrees
. Total or Sum Toe: 0.2 +/- 0.20 degrees
Thrust Angle: 0 +/- 0.20 degrees

I wonder how this will feel on the street?
Yuk I hate toe specs in degrees.