Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheel alignment

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
I'm kind of glad others are having the same problem.. was thinking of going back to Holden, but it looks like it may be normal... may have to find a GOOD wheel aligner in Canberra...

Pete_perth

Pedro
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Adventra CX6
I know someone is going to shoot me down for this, but to hell with it.

I tend to watch the guys when they do my wheel alignment and when they go to tighten the bolts they have losened to align the wheels they don't put too much effort into tightening them back up. Just a single half turn on the bolt and that's it. No matter how many places I go, it's the same.

I find that a brand new car won't need a wheel alignment for a couple of years, then once you get it done, you need to redo it every 6 months (or less) . I suspect these half tightened bolts if done tighter would mean that the wheels wouldn't be knocked out of alignment so quickly.

OK that's my conspiracy theory out in the open now. Where's Michael Moore when you need him?

CSP

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
my car
WTF? Every brand new car I have bought (and that's been 4 over the last 4 years by the way) has needed a wheel alignment from BRAND NEW and of all of them, the VE Calais V Sportwagon was out by the most, a huge amount in fact. With reasonably regular driving I wheel align all my cars bi-monthly. The trouble is trying to find someone who does a bloody good job and backs their work. Thankfully, I have found those sort of places in both Melbourne and Canberra.

Shane's SV6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SV6
Anyone know someone in Adelaide apart from the ripoff merchants called "Pedders"?

I go to the bridgestone select at marion. i have been going there for a few years now and havent had any problems.

VE60thLPG

Reaction score
Members Ride
Ve 6oth anniversary LPG
this is starting to happen to mine after a 4 wheel alignment from a wheel align expert but i have rotated the tyres from the back to the front but now has a bot of a wobble so thinking a wheel ballance is in order for the now front ones as these havent had one for a while but tread is uneven wear so maybe thats why its pulling???

Adza75

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SSV Redline
Thankfully, I have found those sort of places in both Melbourne and Canberra.

Care to share your Canberra place? I'm looking for a good quality aligner.

New2Holden

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Calais V V6
I am the original poster and a few days after noting everybody'd advice I had a wheel alignment at Pedders with amazing success. It was like driving a new car again. One month and 1500 kms later it is back as bad as ever. The car is pulling around in the smallest of ruts in the road. So what now? I note the advice that it may be the springs settling, so do I just put up with it for another six months and hope another wheel alignment fixes the problem. I can't keep forking out for an alignment every month. My thoughts are that I will take it back to Pedders and complain but can somebody give me a heads up as to what I should be telling them, or more importantly what they may tell me so that I don't get suckered into spending hundreds of unnecessary dollars.

Cocopopz

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS MY9.5, VL LS2
There is a trick to clean the VE's up a little, dont use factory specs. Those computer alligment machines bring up the specs for the car when you put the cars details in and the factory specs are usless for a wider range then just the VE. You dont need to be a rocket scientist to do a alligment using these but it does catch the untrained eye out.