Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel decision

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
In keeping with the first post I said of go 16" mak have you considered a few brake kits that will fit behind them? Or do you already have the brakes? As has been said, in a targa scenario 18's will really only hurt your times..

Perhaps have a sus of a few track built first gens and see what they are using? As I've never seen a track orientated early girl with large rims..

Electrical work, Adelaide all areas.
Pm me.

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
Yer I already got front brakes and wheels sitting there think ill have second set for track and set for street

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
OP asked which set would you pick from pic attached.

not what f**king size rim he should go.

pick a rim from the pic or GTFO.

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
F$?k sake I thought this a forum of like minded car owners not a high school pissing contest yer I ased an opinion and some said they to big and yer to some people they might be and I respect that. I personally like big wheels. But this bull **** is the main reason it's taken me 10 years to start another build I got out of custom car building years ago went back to smash repairs guts ya need to chill the f$&k out and remember if we all had same thing it be boring as bat ****

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
Yer I already got front brakes and wheels sitting there think ill have second set for track and set for street

That's fair enough then I guess.. What kind of rubber can u fit on 19s for targa??

Like I said if your hell bent on one of those 3 the Simmons atleast suit the era style wise if not size wise..

Pm me.

White VH SS

Reaction score
Members Ride
White VH SS 5l manual
Can prob go 235 40s but ill be payin plenty for em. And it be for the experience not out to win I just want to drive the old girl and talk **** with all the rest of us guys that like em

Darren_L

Reaction score
Members Ride
VH SS
F$?k sake I thought this a forum of like minded car owners not a high school pissing contest yer I ased an opinion and some said they to big and yer to some people they might be and I respect that. I personally like big wheels. But this bull **** is the main reason it's taken me 10 years to start another build I got out of custom car building years ago went back to smash repairs guts ya need to chill the f$&k out and remember if we all had same thing it be boring as bat ****

where is the high school pissing contest ?
on one hand you are saying you were asking for an opinion and some people don't like big wheels and you respect that
and then go onto say we need to chill out, if we all had the same thing it would be boring ??

No-one bagged your car, we voiced our opinion about your choice of wheels upon your request
Would you prefer we just piss in your pocket and tell you what you want to hear rather than our honest opinion ?

Anyway that's my final post in this thread, Jecs made it clear what you want to hear.

Last edited:

brockzila

Reaction score
Members Ride
vk calais
Im a huge fan of 16's on a first gen but simmons up to 19's are tough i have never had a set so would be happy with them i just can not afford them :(

The ones under the guards look the 2nd best :)

I run 16x8.5" wheels all around :)

ajvx01

Reaction score
Members Ride
308 vc
16x8.5? What Tyres? What wheels? Pics!!!!!!!!!!!

Post in my thread if u want:)

Pm me.