Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wheel rim compatibility 2014 Calais V vf v8

vfchris

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf calais v
Hi there, wondering if anyone can tell me what wheels i can put on this.. current stock ones are 19inch. i would like to put cheaper/ maybe higher profile tyres on there. i notice when i google police vf ss that they used sv6 wheels? like pictured. thanks

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    214.2 KB · Views: 132
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    279.9 KB · Views: 128

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Yes, for VF and MY16 VF2 the SS and SV6 got the same 18" wheels as each other (for MY17 Holden deleted the SS-V, and MY17 SS got the MY16 SS-V 19" wheels).
Calais non-V also got 18's, some of them look a bit suss to my eye though (whereas the SS/SV6 wheels aren't as ... fussy).

That silver wagon confuses me a little, because I thought it would be an MY17 SV6 based on the wheels. They may have been used on other special editions maybe, but I'm about 90% sure that the wheels in that pattern with the machined face & black highlights are MY17 SV6, and the same wheels in a silver-all-over un-machined finish are MY16 SV6/SS. So maybe the police DID get special SS's in MY17, with 18" SV6 wheels instead of the 19" MY17 SS ones.

The sedan is wearing VF1 SS/SV6 wheels.

Last edited:

vfchris

Reaction score
Members Ride
vf calais v
thanks, I like the MY16 ones as much as i like my calais v ones and there is a significant saving per tyre when i search. so i would be right that if they are ok for the SS they would be fine on the caliasV. for weight, clearances etc?

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
That silver wagon confuses me a little, because I thought it would be an MY17 SV6 based on the wheels. They may have been used on other special editions maybe, but I'm about 90% sure that the wheels in that pattern with the machined face & black highlights are MY17 SV6,

Black Edition.

RevNev

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF II SSV Redline Ute
These are MY16 SS wheels. The black centres/polished spoke version of this wheel are MY17 SV6 I believe.

20201209_203741 (2).jpg