Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel sizing / offset advice?

dimetime

Reaction score
Members Ride
ve calais 6lt
+45 will be fine on the rear, remember, the offset from 45 to 48 means the the wheel moves in only 1.5, not 3.

mitchy_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Senator SV08
+45 will be fine on the rear, remember, the offset from 45 to 48 means the the wheel moves in only 1.5, not 3.

the wheel will move 3mm. offset is the 'offset' of the hub mounting face from the centreline of the rim, 3mm more offset means the rim moves 3mm further in.

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
'12 SS V Z Series Manaul Sportwagon
the wheel will move 3mm. offset is the 'offset' of the hub mounting face from the centreline of the rim, 3mm more offset means the rim moves 3mm further in.

Mate I would speak to Stylish wheels. They have fitted countless sets of those rims on HSV's and I spoke with him at length and he tells me +43 is the go for 'Deep Concave'. Its a balancing act between clearing both the hub and brake caliper.

mitchy_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Senator SV08
Mate I would speak to Stylish wheels. They have fitted countless sets of those rims on HSV's and I spoke with him at length and he tells me +43 is the go for 'Deep Concave'. Its a balancing act between clearing both the hub and brake caliper.

yup, have spoke to a few sources and 20x11 +43 seems to be the go.

trying to organise a test fit so i can see how they sit in relation to the guards, but i'm pretty confident they will be right.

mitchy_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Senator SV08
Have you looked at the vertini rf 1.3 (koya sp04 lookalike) or the rf 1.1, they have better offsets then the koyas and plenty of colours.
Realistically you are going to roll your rear guards and youll want to have +40 offset to run a 275 tyre and not have to drive like a grandma.
Id get your offset right or youll be paying for in later trying to roll you guards again or substituting for skinny tyres.

Have you seen anywhere that offers the Vertini RF1.3?

Trying to track some down as silver SF04's are a couple of months away I'm told.

Last edited:

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
Have you seen anywhere that offers the Vertini RF1.3?

Trying to track some down as silver SF04's are a couple of months away I'm told.

Go the SF06 man! Got mine within a week!

Front: 20 x 9 +35 running 245/35
Rear: 20 x 10 +45 running 275/30.

Had the rear guards "ground / trimmed" instead of rolled as I didn't want to risk damaging paint (as this is common on wagons). Has not scrubbed once and I've purposely hit some big bumps at speed trying to make it hit and it doesn't.

Will clear front and rear Brembos no worries!

14975713_1887401308154425_1824161765_o.jpg

Last edited:

mitchy_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Senator SV08
Go the SF06 man! Got mine within a week!

Front: 20 x 9 +35 running 245/35
Rear: 20 x 10 +45 running 275/30.

Had the rear guards "ground / trimmed" instead of rolled as I didn't want to risk damaging paint (as this is common on wagons). Has not scrubbed once and I've purposely hit some big bumps at speed trying to make it hit and it doesn't.

Will clear front and rear Brembos no worries!

not sold on the SF06, prefer the SF04/RF1.3 look.

your pic isn't working for me either!

waynethomson

Reaction score
Members Ride
series 3 ute
hi guys. i have a vs series 3 ute with vt brake upgrade. i see a lot of nice bmw rims for sale. the thing is i havent really got a clue as to what rims fit what. can anyone give me the proper offset etc for a vs. i wish to go 17 inch or 16s which i have now. offset is to broad. can someone please explain all the different measurements to take into account and what snags there might be if any. thanks

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
not sold on the SF06, prefer the SF04/RF1.3 look.

your pic isn't working for me either!

Fixed the link. Is it working now?

ruredi

AVGJO3
Reaction score
Members Ride
hi guys. i have a vs series 3 ute with vt brake upgrade. i see a lot of nice bmw rims for sale. the thing is i havent really got a clue as to what rims fit what. can anyone give me the proper offset etc for a vs. i wish to go 17 inch or 16s which i have now. offset is to broad. can someone please explain all the different measurements to take into account and what snags there might be if any. thanks

Couldn't tell you mate. This thread is VE specific. Maybe pop over to the VR-VS Section.