Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wheel speed sensors

Prestan

Reaction score
Members Ride
've ss ute series 2
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if the wheel speed sensors are different front to back on the ve as ordering 2 since the ve ive got had played up the other day as the abs light came on but then took it for a drive and it cleared but the old 2 scanner ive got said a rear wheel speed sensor and every now and again it does a scrape sound when you put the brakes on but no lights pop up.

jeffmills69

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE Wagon
Front sensors are built into the hubs, rear are easily removed with an imperial socket (whatever is between 6mm - 7mm I believe)

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Hey everyone, I was just wondering if the wheel speed sensors are different front to back on the ve as ordering 2 since the ve ive got had played up the other day as the abs light came on but then took it for a drive and it cleared but the old 2 scanner ive got said a rear wheel speed sensor and every now and again it does a scrape sound when you put the brakes on but no lights pop up.
Have you checked your wheel bearings? The sensor being faulty shouldn’t make a scraping sound. If theres too much play in the wheel bearings it could be scraping the sensor.