Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where do you buy your wiring from?

nathanVY

such boost
Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY LS1 Turbo Calais, 2005 4Gen Liberty Wagon
any store that sells audio should have amp wiring kits,

tumblr_ly03s6YvsR1qimm7fo4_400.png

Cheers for the comments everyone.

Welding cable is awful to work with, it's very stiff and hard to run through you car.

The wire from KnuKonceptz is awesome, I have bought some gear from them before and am about to order some 50' rolls. Really high quality, flexible cable. If you have a fairly basic install, their 4awg kit should be fine. Their RCA's are great quality, even the entry level items. What amplifiers are you running? This will help determine how big you will need to go.

EDIT: I should say, welders flex is great for current, but it's bad to work with. My 'big 3' upgrade is done in welders flex, because I didn't have to bend the cable much. Trying to get it through a beauty board and into an amplifier is crap.

Sweet, where abouts are they? How much was shipping, how long did it take to come ,etc ?

Not sure what amps I'll be running yet as I havn't bought them. I figure 4AWG isn't too outrageous and will be more than enough for whatever I end up running. Either 2 4chs or a 4ch and a mono or something like that.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Nope, that's it. The low end CCA is only 10% copper but the 0awg still supports 250amp loads no worries.

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cheers for the comments everyone.

Sweet, where abouts are they? How much was shipping, how long did it take to come ,etc ?
They are in the US, shipping allow at least 2 weeks for the standard cheaper option, you can go express if you want. Really good product though, worth the wait. Go 4awg as a minimum, don't forget terminals and distribution blocks etc, their battery terminals are great too if you need.

Not sure what amps I'll be running yet as I havn't bought them. I figure 4AWG isn't too outrageous and will be more than enough for whatever I end up running. Either 2 4chs or a 4ch and a mono or something like that.

A friend at Stinger :D

Do want! HPM please!

wrx884

WA's ASR Rep
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Exec/ VT L67 Spac, 5L VP Calais, 77 TC Gemini
The wire from KnuKonceptz is awesome, I have bought some gear from them before and am about to order some 50' rolls. Really high quality, flexible cable. If you have a fairly basic install, their 4awg kit should be fine. Their RCA's are great quality, even the entry level items. What amplifiers are you running? .

can vouch 4 these guys aswell, my re run of upgraded wire in the VT was all from them was quite impressed with their quality and their prices compared 2 others. only thing i couldnt find from them were right angled RCA plug leads at the time i needed them

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride