Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to even begin?

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Wow, man. Thanks for your input. It really helped me out!

Before yesterday the plan was going to be amping the stock speakers, but instead, I replaced the stock speakers. I was wanting to know if the amps Tasmaniak suggested are still relevant/compatible, now that I am running Alpine Type S speakers.

Cheers!

Fun_Bucket

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cruze II sri
Why wouldn't they still be relevant? I'm just lost at the amount of people who ask for advice then when they get it they do the opposite.

Any of the amps reccomended will be fine.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Why wouldn't they still be relevant? I'm just lost at the amount of people who ask for advice then when they get it they do the opposite.

Any of the amps reccomended will be fine.

Thanks for the advice!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
I'm just lost at the amount of people who ask for advice then when they get it they do the opposite.

Common occurrence. Who do you follow? The text on your screen claiming to know what they are talking about or your best mate who once put a pair of 6x9s in an excel? Kind of like the devil you know or the devil you don't. Doesn't make it right, but I get it.

The main thing is that sub is in there... I just hope that the four channel gets before the factory headunit destroys the Type S

wod300

Reaction score
Members Ride
2001 VX Berlina Supercharged 3.8
I've read through this thread and one thing is not clear to me. .. What does the OP consider to be a fortune?

For instance, I went to cash converters for two amps and a sub and spent $150. Then I bought new components for the front speakers ($200) and coax for the rear ($80). (I also bought a new head unit but it wasn't a necessity. I just wanted bt and usb). I had the HU and front speakers installed, but did the rest myself.

So just for speakers and amps it cost around $400 including wiring and the result is a noticeably better sound. Although I'm not sure what others here think about cash converters!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Typically? Not much.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Budget has gone out the window! :D

I spent $1000 on speakers, sub and amp. I still need to get an amp for the speakers which should be done next Monday on my RDO.

I'd much rather spend a bit more, and get a quality product, with warranty, and installed by someone who knows what they are doing.

On topic: Besides making the speakers louder, what are the benefits of an amp?

Thanks again everyone, especially Tasmaniak! :)

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
The crossover... the magical crossover plus sound processing in pre amp stage is benefit also.

Wongy295

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
2012 VE SV6 (LPG)
Should have listened to begin with...

Got my car back today, after getting a 4 channel Alpine amp installed, and wow is all I can say.

Takes audio to the next level!

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
Well essentially you have the best option covered without blowing a wad of cash. new door speakers driven by amp and a sub. Sweet. Any further changes make minor incremental improvements. Most people are happy as pigs in **** with what you have right now.