Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Where to find the LPG filter?!

CJ_2577

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Executive, dual-fuel
Hi all

I have been perusing the net for hours on end trying to find something applicable to my car but to no avail, so thought I'd start a new thread here.

I have a 2003 VY Executive (dual-fuel, ex NZ police car and taxi) and it is long overdue for the LPG filter to be changed. So far I have looked everywhere under the bonnet and had a look under the car and on the LPG tank, but cannot find anything resembling an LPG filter.

Could anyone tell me what I should be looking for, and where (please!)? It is a factory-fitted LPG system, Impco brand; if it is any help, the regulator is an Impco Model E.

Any help would be much appreciated, thank you!

EYY

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Statesman
It's in the lockoff solenoid before the converter, the half sphere below the solenoid. They're not a fine filter though so lots of crap gets through anyway. Never replaced one though.

It's only liquid and vapour injection that need to be changed regularly. Usually every 20,000km.

CJ_2577

Reaction score
Members Ride
2003 VY Executive, dual-fuel
Found it!!

Thanks heaps for that EYY, you have helped me immensely!

New filter kit is on its' way, courtesy of eBay (the car has done 350,000 k's now and I doubt it has ever been changed before).

Cheers!
Connor

strgas

GRA = REAL HP
Reaction score
Members Ride
MERC W124 / toys WB tonner WB Panelvan project
caution when removing the filter bowl turn the service valve off and run the engine till it dies this will drop the line pressure and minimize LPG loss . be sure to not have the vehicle near any source of ignition when opening the high pressure side of the system , gas hot water service or alike or air compressor which may spark the LPG vapours working in a well ventilated space is advisable to and no smoking , leak test with soapy water once you have reinstalled the filter , use only approved sealants for the high pressure line connections .

MYVESSV8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE 6LT M6
its in the bottom section of the lockoff solenoid, bolt underneath, make sure you have run the car with solenoid not energised so it uses all the gas in the line and depressurises,

Attachments

• gas filter.pdf
    109.5 KB · Views: 586

gotchaharry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Wagon LPG
It's in the lockoff solenoid before the converter, the half sphere below the solenoid. They're not a fine filter though so lots of crap gets through anyway. Never replaced one though.

It's only liquid and vapour injection that need to be changed regularly. Usually every 20,000km.
Hi mate.. I'm new on this forum I don't know how to put my question. I've got 2013 VE Commodore Omega wagon LPG.
Same issue trying to get info on net YouTube etc but cannot find any information where the LPG filter would be in my car

gotchaharry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Wagon LPG
Hi can anyone kindly help me. I m trying to figure where the LPG filter is. I have 2013 VE Commodore Omega Wagon.
Many thanks.

Just Damo

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 Omega, EA Fairmont (Restoration)
Hi can anyone kindly help me. I m trying to figure where the LPG filter is. I have 2013 VE Commodore Omega Wagon.
Many thanks.
Mate, if you aren't getting answers quick enough (wish I knew myself to help) but call up Metropolitan Autogas in Geebung, the owner/mechanic is a smart fella, has worked on heaps of LPG commies, mine being one. He will tell you exactly where it is and what to do. Or if I'm not wrong, you could get it serviced and the filter done for $150 roughly. Give him a bell and he will no doubt help you out.

gotchaharry

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega Wagon LPG
Mate, if you aren't getting answers quick enough (wish I knew myself to help) but call up Metropolitan Autogas in Geebung, the owner/mechanic is a smart fella, has worked on heaps of LPG commies, mine being one. He will tell you exactly where it is and what to do. Or if I'm not wrong, you could get it serviced and the filter done for $150 roughly. Give him a bell and he will no doubt help you out.
Many thanks for the reply mate. I will call them now