Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which polisher?

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Hi team. Looking for advice please. I have decided that my next project with the SS is to fix the paint work which i noticed yesterday has a lot of swirl marks and holograms in it. What i'm wanting to know is which of the polishers on the market is the most forgiving for an absolute novice like.
While i'm at it which of the over the counter products would be best to with the polisher to fix the paint?
Thanks all.

two-bit

old enough to mang better
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S series II
another vote for the das6, very forgiving if you apply to much pressure it just stops so you can't harm your paint, watch the video on how to use and your all set. don't forget a clay bar, or if you get the das6 get a mint clay mitt, quick then a clay bar and if your drop in the dirt just wash it off and your good to go again.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
I have the DAS6 Pro and it rocks, DAS6 is the same just a little less power.

The Menzerna Polishes and pads in that kit are a good combo, makes it easy to get good results and little chance of stuff ups.
Your SS is red? Try PF2500 on a yellow Menzerna Pad on the DAS6. It should come out real good.
(and if you want, go over it again with a finishing pad and SF4000, might be overkill but it will look awesome)

Then just get a wax or sealant to protect the paint afterwards.

And get a real clay bar on it beforehand if you want the best results.

acarmody

Donati..Whoa Green
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I have one of the SuperCheap Rockwell polishers at home, its my brothers from years ago. It has no guts, I can stop it with 2 fingers. It slows down with even mild pressure. About the only thing you can use it for is spreading products around. And even then the 10" (?) pad is too big for that.

Ian Johnston

Reaction score
Members Ride
2015 Subaru Forester, XR6 turbo ute.
Daughters partner just bought a Mothers Wax Pro polisher kit. Not cheap, but great gear. He just polished her VE ute(black), and it came up great.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Daughters partner just bought a Mothers Wax Pro polisher kit. Not cheap, but great gear. He just polished her VE ute(black), and it came up great.

If that's the Mothers "Wax attack" Kit, then it is only good for applying a wax over a car, it doesn't have the power to correct the paint. If it's not could you post a link on it so I can see?

Jonnii

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z-Series Ute
Another vote for das-6 pro from me so easy to use heaps of power when you need it. you can get some good combos from them with free cloths and things

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
Hey boys and girls i've brought the Meguiras DA system. Just waiting for it to arrive from the states. From what i have read and seen of it it is very good for a beginner like me and protects the paint from amateur mistakes.