Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which polisher?

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
Hey boys and girls i've brought the Meguiras DA system. Just waiting for it to arrive from the states. From what i have read and seen of it it is very good for a beginner like me and protects the paint from amateur mistakes.

is this the thing that attaches to a drill?

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Hey boys and girls i've brought the Meguiras DA system. Just waiting for it to arrive from the states. From what i have read and seen of it it is very good for a beginner like me and protects the paint from amateur mistakes.

If that's what I think it is it's good, is it a G110?
Americans seem to like them anyway.
One thing you might want to check is the power though. Not sure what NZ is like but I know you can't use them here due to 240v.

is this the thing that attaches to a drill?

duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude

I didn't even know that was a thing til I just looked it up. Hope for your sake you didn't, if for nothing else, that drill will get very heavy and awkward to use after a short time.
And 3 inch pads! That is gonna take forever to polish a whole car.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
Don't take what I said above wrong, it should work well for spot polishing, but if you want to do the whole car I would strongly suggest something DA with 6inch pads, just add it to your collection after you have given this a whirl.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

If that's what I think it is it's good, is it a G110?
Americans seem to like them anyway.
One thing you might want to check is the power though. Not sure what NZ is like but I know you can't use them here due to 240v.

I didn't even know that was a thing til I just looked it up. Hope for your sake you didn't, if for nothing else, that drill will get very heavy and awkward to use after a short time.
And 3 inch pads! That is gonna take forever to polish a whole car.

I scored one of these in a comp on here some time ago. They are a decent piece of kit. They certainly make applying the product easier than doing it by hand and you do get a better result, BUT fck me my drill got bloody heavy by the end of the job.

I figure i can do some cut and polishing over a couple of weekends. I'm a lazy sod at heart so anything more than an hours work more than i can manage :D

Unless you are going to completely do a panel/section at a time, i.e. clay bar, compound, polish and wax you will be wasting your time. Once you have removed any contaminants with the clay bar, if you don't finish the polish process and then protect it with the wax at the same time, you will only have to start again the next week.

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6

They aren't powered. You use your own drill so shouldn't be any worries in this regard.

davey g-force

I'm a sceptic...
Reaction score
Members Ride
02 RX7 S8 Spirit R 13B TT & 2013 Audi A3 1.8T DSG7
The Meguiars DAPS (DA Power System) is decent. Not as powerful as a DA, but better than by hand!

It's good if your budget doesn't allow for purchase of a DA and/or you're afraid of machine polishing (not that you should be with a DA - it's almost foolproof). :)

NU13

Reaction score
Members Ride
2007 E1 HSV GTS Manual
In all honesty boys my car budget is tapped out after the $2200 i dropped on the new wheels and tires. I really wanted a good DA such as the DAS 6 but my wife would have killed me if i had spent $300+ on one. The Meguiras was only about $120 including shipping from the USA and after googling reviews for it i found that almost 100% of the reviews were good. So with budget in mind i went for the DA system.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
should have just kept your money and waited.