Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which size headers? 1 5/8, 1 3/4 or 1 7/8??

shaunve

Reaction score
Members Ride
09 VE SS Sportwagon
Ill have another look at Pacemakers. If i can get ceramic coated ones for the same price, ill go with them. They'll be longer than the standard headers with the cats wont they? So theyll require modifying the exhaust to bolt up?

Shaun.

Lumps of cheese

welcome to the machine
Reaction score
Members Ride
83 vh sle, 4x4 hilux, 03 monaro, 07 nightrain
4 in 1 tuned length headers will shift the cats along a bit so depending on your exhaust set up it'll probably need modifying.

brad VE SSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SSV redline wagon
Ok that link works on my browser but not on here. They are ph5377 type that in on the search on the link

Brad

dredrum

Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 VZ Berlina Sedan
In all seriousness, if you're now choosing the 1 & 3/4 over the 1 & 5/8s, you're making the right choice. The 6L are a big engine and can handle big primary pipes. Go 1 & 3/4s as a minimum. I noticed in your ride section, you own a omega? Is this the car you're putting extractors on? If so, 1 & 5/8s is plenty for the 3.6L. Dont go any bigger. I was referring to the 6.0L only.

Nah that's my old ride, got a Calais V 6lt now. Cheers for the guidance mate

MathoSSV

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Ute
Xforce have shown less power than pacemakers across all primary and secondary pipe sizing. As they are roughly the same price, pacemaker (a dedicated extractor company) make a better product. Xforce will still make more power than stock, and probably be fine in the long run, they're just a lower quality design.

Got a Link??

Vt_vic

Reaction score
Members Ride
carless for now
go on the ls1 forums the x force made more power than pacemaker and difilippos and heaps of people have done great times with these they might not be as well made as the others but there cheaper

showxpony

Reaction score
Members Ride
Redline SSV
Got a Link??

Got a couple:

Australian LS1 and Holden Forums

Australian LS1 and Holden Forums

If you cbf reading through the whole threads:

Titanium:
XForce = Stainless Steel

Pacemakers = Mild Steel + Coating (Optional)

Not comparing apples with apples.

As I discovered, XForce sent an email (to me) stating that the 1 3/4 and 1 5/8 headers make the same power.

When I switched from 1 5/8 XForce to 1 3/4 Pacemakers Longs I gained 7.5 RWKW and had a much less aggressive tune with the Pacemakers to make more power. That is with MY current set up.

The XForce scores higher on my "blingometer" but the Pacemakers delivered better power with a less aggressive tune.

IMO The XForce are good for Tune, CAI, Full zorst up to 280 ish RWKW on a good honest dyno. They run out of flow once you throw a cam at them, I suspect this is because of the small cats and the rapid merge from the 4 > 1 > cats.

As far as I'm aware (and i'm not an expert on any of these topics), for the minimal difference in cost, the pacemakers seem to make slightly better power. It's most likely due to the small cats that you have to mate up to the Xforce headers. The Pacies allow you to fit bigger ballisitic cats. Not to mention all the trouble xforce have had with their cats sh!tting themselves.