Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which spark plug? -2011 VE series 2 omega sedan dual fuel alloytec multiport 3.6 V6

tomsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Omega VE series 2 LPG sedan
Which spark plugs goes with this car? and do I need NEW INTAKE MANIFOLD GASKET to replace plugs.

My confusion is there are petrol plugs and then there are LPG plugs..which one goes with factory duel fuel car that runs almost in LPG mode.

Then there are iridium, double/single platinum...

Just want plugs that last longest and are suitable for duel fuel.

Thanks

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
a lot of websites have part finder tools so you can just select the vehicle and the recommended part will be displayed.

NGK - Commodore VEII LPG

I would always change the gasket, but its up to you whether you think you old one needs changing.

tomsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK NGK site suggests PLTR6A-10G This is platinum and bit more expensive says goes till 100K
If I google many shops suggest - LTR7IX-11 This is iridium says goes till 60K.
Confused which one I go for duel fuel longest life. I always thought iridium lasts longer and costs more...

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
on ngk's part finder if you search non lpg series 2(3.6 v6) it says to use an iridium plug but if you search a lpg series 2 it says platinum.

if it was my car I would go with what ngk suggests no matter what the price was.

tomsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
Thanks the lpg series given at NGK site is I think 2013 onwards when lpg only was there. My car is 2011 dual fuel model. Yes I am deciding to go for platinum.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
02/2012 - 04/2013 HOLDEN Commodore VEII LPG 3.6L V6, V-DOHC, 24V, 180kW, 320Nm LWR
uses the platinum plug PLTR6A-10G for the LWR engine

09/2010 - 08/2011 HOLDEN Commodore VE LPG 3.6L V6, V-DOHC, 24V, 175kW, 318Nm LW2 (HN)
uses the iridium plug ILTR6E11 for the LW2 engine

there should be a sticker on the engine that will show you what engine you have like this(if you are unsure)
v7y38.jpg

tomsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
My engine is LY7 not LE2 both are alloytec. Injection is multiport. It seems commodore had multiple engine types around same time.

tomsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
I mean it is not lwr or lw2. It is ly7

tomsan

Reaction score
Members Ride
OK finally spark plugs changed I am sharing what was originally fitted.
Acdelco 41-990 GM 12597464
Exact spark plug may not matter but commodore uses so many combination of parts that no wonder non of the Aussie website could tell exact part number. Nor is this part popular in Australia mostly listed for purchase from US online sites.
I bought this car when it was at 60K..since then I have almost used with LPG and I guess plugs started to fail around 155K. I have selected new part purely for LPG PLTR6A-10G. Hopefully the petrol startup doesn't harm plug. I didn't notice any problems so far. Thanks for all the replies.