Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Which V8? 5L or 5.7? For a daily

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
I meant in vic , cars here are over priced and normally ####ed

Not wrong there! My first commodore was a few thousand cheaper from NSW, and was in great condition when I bought it.
Vic prices suck...

rb26dett

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS S2 A4
I would go for the 5.7 over the 5.0

Considering the oldest VT 5.7 is now 14 years old, piston slap should not be an issue now.

Heffer_Slayer

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Berlina
Checked out a few cars over the weekend, the 5l really does sound better then the 5.7...
Also realized wagon's are not for me, not a fan of a styling.

Kinda also leaning more towards the 5l statesman, just something about that car that I like compared to the newer models.

Also according to the owners of the 5l v8's, the cars are not too bad on fuel if driven sensible. Then again...they are trying to sell there car

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
Checked out a few cars over the weekend, the 5l really does sound better then the 5.7...
Also realized wagon's are not for me, not a fan of a styling.

Kinda also leaning more towards the 5l statesman, just something about that car that I like compared to the newer models.

Also according to the owners of the 5l v8's, the cars are not too bad on fuel if driven sensible. Then again...they are trying to sell there car

Just a matter of a decent tune to help with fuel usage and yes not having a heavy foot helps too (although having a V8 makes it hard to resist sometimes lol). VS stato would be a great choice and not difficult to pick up with the right price either :)

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
If you want to buy, go to WA. Swear to Allah, commodores are so much cheaper over there!

Kinng

Cava454

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR SS, VZ SS
Buy the newest car you can afford.

You will disappointed in the 5.0 after a while.

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
Yeah the VX is newer than the VS, has a bigger and better engine and also you can gain power alot easier from the 5.7 than the 5.0.

Kinng

Demonica

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS clubsport
VX SS isn't going to be the easiest thing to find on his budget though. Sure you could probably get a VT SS for that price but the majority of the 5.7L VTs were lemons.

Kinng

CrippleFK
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series 2 SV6
VX SS isn't going to be the easiest thing to find on his budget though. Sure you could probably get a VT SS for that price but the majority of the 5.7L VTs were lemons.

Why were the VT 5.7 Lemons? What was the difference?

Kinng