Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

White single wire on VU UTE

RWD4ever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS3 ute
If there is nothing there for it to plug into it is likely a leftover from a previous model. Have you checked to see if it is an earth or power? that way you may have found yourself a good feed for whatever mod comes down the track.
Previous model? VS ute generally didn't have things like airbags or power windows. Doubt it had something that was dropped in VU.

VUCOM02

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Holden vu storm UTE
Also, that connector has not been in that location. It’s discoloured and been exposed to the elements. Some corrosion too. It’s not going to do that inside the car. That’s been connected to the door switch.

The colour of the embedded dirt is also a different colour to the dust on the surrounding area further suggesting its origin is elsewhere on the vehicle.

images

Hercule Piorot suggests that you undo the Phillips screw on the door switch and remove it to see if it is plugged

Previous model? VS ute generally didn't have things like airbags or power windows. Doubt it had something that was dropped in VU.

VUCOM02

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Holden vu storm UTE
I had a look and its not the courtesy thing

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
Chinese Belgian evil Dr and super sleuth.

VUCOM02

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Holden vu storm UTE
Got it - there is no single wire connector shown in that position in the manual. The only single wire connector shown on that side of the car is for the door. If you have the door wire located there is nothing else showing as a single wire connector for a VU. That is not to say it isn't a left over from an earlier model.

Cheers n Beers

Jolls

I found another image of the same connector ‍♂️ it has to be related to foglights or something like that

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221221_122832_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20221221_122832_Samsung Internet.jpg
    125.8 KB · Views: 63

Jolls

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS Ute (Jimi Hendrix)
It doesn't show in the wiring diagram so it is excess. I just did an automatic rear hard lid lock upgrade for my VY ute and there I found a connector on the passenger side that doesn't show in the wiring diagram. I expect that it is the boot unlock for a sedan and the harness has been deleted.

Long story short - I picked up a constant 12V from there to run my hard lid lock. Work out what it does and if it is useful. If it doesn't have 12V constant or on ignition, or it is an earth it is not much use to you.

IF you are like me and keen to do the research start looking through the wiring diagrams for the higher spec models - you may find it has a purpose and if so something you can take advantage of.

Cheers n Beers
Jolls

VUCOM02

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Holden vu storm UTE
It doesn't show in the wiring diagram so it is excess. I just did an automatic rear hard lid lock upgrade for my VY ute and there I found a connector on the passenger side that doesn't show in the wiring diagram. I expect that it is the boot unlock for a sedan and the harness has been deleted.

Long story short - I picked up a constant 12V from there to run my hard lid lock. Work out what it does and if it is useful. If it doesn't have 12V constant or on ignition, or it is an earth it is not much use to you.

IF you are like me and keen to do the research start looking through the wiring diagrams for the higher spec models - you may find it has a purpose and if so something you can take advantage of.

Cheers n Beers

Cheers mate

Cheers n Beers

Jolls

Thanks mate will definitely have a stickybeek

VUCOM02

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 Holden vu storm UTE
I'm wondering if the previous owner wired that plug in to add fog lights? If he did, he used the wrong plug.

I've added the fog lights to my car. Then let the auto electrcian wire the lights up.

The previous owner had spotlights but im certain he wired them to the high beams but they never worked properly so ive removed the wiring for that.