Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who else rides ....here are my girls

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
sorry mate but that utter crap. if you have a look at the stats and what the RTA and learner rider intructors tell newbies, its about 75% of motorcycle accidents are single vehicle, meaning no one else but the rider was involved, yes we are at more danger because we go un-seen, but it comes down to experience, attitude and riding to the condition, every weekend several bikers come un stuck in the royal national park, which is a favourite for bikers, ive seen a few come off just by coming into a corner too fast and no knowledge of whats ahead,
luckily i dont know many people that have had an accidnet on the road, but from the handful i know, all admit to be doing something they shouldnt have, either be speeding or tailgating cars, or just too fast around a corner in the wet.
i do as much dumb **** as the next person on my bike.. if not more, but im not going to blame car drivers if i come unstuck

you sir are an idiot

i've almost been cleaned up by cagers soccer mums on the phone who did see i was there most cager don't even know that they've caused riders to take evasive action hence why the government say it's single rider error

and these pricks just drive away not wanting to take responsibility

naf33n

go
Reaction score
Members Ride
Supercharged VU SS
you sir are an idiot

i've almost been cleaned up by cagers soccer mums on the phone who did see i was there most cager don't even know that they've caused riders to take evasive action hence why the government say it's single rider error

alot of people almost have accidents.. so what??? clearly you have your head screwed on right and where able to avoid it. but thats your experience.
ive had to 'take avasive action' in my car as well, i just came across and idiot driver
ive also had to do it in my car due to a rider taking a corner to fast and crossing the centre line... he made a mistake and luckly we bioth could avoid it. but does that mean all riders do it?? no

i love riding but im not going to be closed minded about it and pretend we are all angels and better then people that drive cars.

just look at the facts. or speak to someone that work in the emergency department of a hospital

oh and calling someone an idiot for stating facts and opinion.. real big of ya mate

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
alot of people almost have accidents.. so what??? clearly you have your head screwed on right and where able to avoid it. but thats your experience.
ive had to 'take avasive action' in my car as well, i just came across and idiot driver
ive also had to do it in my car due to a rider taking a corner to fast and crossing the centre line... he made a mistake and luckly we bioth could avoid it. but does that mean all riders do it?? no

i love riding but im not going to be closed minded about it and pretend we are all angels and better then people that drive cars.

just look at the facts. or speak to someone that work in the emergency department of a hospital

oh and calling someone an idiot for stating facts and opinion.. real big of ya mate

come to melbourne
i'll pillion you and make you eat your words

oska

Reaction score
Members Ride
vx custom 600RR
been riding for 25 years

Macca86

Reaction score
Members Ride
XR6T Ute & a ZX6R
you sir are an idiot

I'd think carefully before you go calling other people idiots mate. Naf is 100% correct! Majority of motorcycle accidents are single vehicle accidents (and NOT because of your reasoning that the other vehicles just drive off :S ) Ive had close calls by idiot cagers as you have described as well, as most riders have. Does that mean if an accident occurred its purely the cagers fault? Nope! For example, If you crash coz a cage pulls out in front of you then yes they are legally in the wrong, but its still the riders fault for crashing coz you either A werent taking enough notice of your surroundings because you should be prepared for a car to come from anywhere, or B you were going to fast to avoid a car pulling out (this doesnt necessarily mean going over the speed limit, it means riding above what you should be for conditions/traffic). Never put the blame on everyone else all the time. If you crash your bike then fact is its a 99% certainty that YOU ####ed up.

Smitty

Reaction score
Members Ride
GenF SV340 R8 Tourer, VK race car, ZX12R
been riding just on 40 years
and the older I get the faster the bike I get ;)

a first model unrestricted ZX12R ...with a cupla mods

DSC00442.jpg

Dsc00128.jpg

but currently looking at one of these...
Dsc00438s.jpg

edals

Reaction score
Members Ride
-
Well Here was my First Bike, $1200 Brand New 200cc Yamoto - Yes Chinese But $1200 new why not,

img0107sx4.jpg

And here is My GS500F, Well no longer, could not afford to keep her so had to go,

img0256xx6.jpg

And a few more, My Brothers FZR1000, SV650 & Dads SV1000S
screenshot20110107at104.png

And a YouTube Video of Me on the Burringbar Range, Yes Its slow because i had to do the speed limit ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

S.T.K.E

Wiggle Wiggle Wiggle
Reaction score
Members Ride
2014 D22 Navara Dual Cab 4x4
I Have a total of 3 Bikes.

This is my Kinlon 200cc something something. My first and only bike and current.

Bought it about a while ago and use it as a daily commute and take it off road quite a bit. These are a fantastic bike and can take a there is nothing they can't do or go. I have even had someone hit me on it on my way home from work.

The kinlon is heavy modified.... Like i punched out the silencer in the muffler to give it some more omph, Took the battery out for some weight reduction, Patched a whole in the exhaust with a coke can, the rear break line shield melted a little when the muffler fell off so it has some go fast red electrical tape, the original handle bars where bent when i was hit with some smaller ones so once again weight reduction.

DSCF0431Small.jpg

This is my other little toy

125cc Import thumpster which i had as a kid and still have it. I have a bit of a review on it in my ride section. (http://forums.justcommodores.com.au/vt-vx-vu-wh-v2/115842-stkes-vt-s2-calais-3-8s-4.html#post1728719)

photo1.jpg

The other is another thumpster which is not running as it has been sitting around for about 4 years collecting dust. It's an electric start and centrifugal clutch but i havn't had the time or patience to rewire it and make it live again.

Both of these bike are taken out at least once a month for a squirt with some mates that have similar thumpsters and even a quad. And i reckon we have more of a blast on these than the larger ones.

Last edited: