Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

who here likes drifting!

Kiddo

You're serious bro?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Mitsubishi Colt
Didn't mean it in a negitive way :) was just ignorant about the bumpers lol

rooney

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Super 6 2000
I have been drifting for about 6 years know I started with an ae86 then upto r33 (too heavy) then r32...... the less power more skill is right but very frustrating at the start, make sure your diff is locking, stiffen the rear sub frame and get more lock!

Ive just got a vz ls2 and will be drifting that as I work on it, anyone know how to get more lock out of them?

LS2SLOW

Reaction score
Members Ride
Commodore
Didn't mean to put up pictures without front bars - only just realised this. Here are a couple with front bars intact :thumbsup:

how did you make it so stiff? almost looks flat when you're sideways. do you still do track days?

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
I have been drifting for about 6 years know I started with an ae86 then upto r33 (too heavy) then r32...... the less power more skill is right but very frustrating at the start, make sure your diff is locking, stiffen the rear sub frame and get more lock!

I disagree, more lock is not needed at all when learning, not in the slightest.. To need more lock you should be able to link the whole circuit, hitting every corner on lock with a lot of speed and not spin, after you are actually hitting the lock stop without spinning on every corner, then you could use more lock.

how did you make it so stiff? almost looks flat when you're sideways. do you still do track days?

In my R31 all the bushes are new polyurethane, the suspension was replaced with an S13 Silvia front end, HSD HR coilovers with 8kg/mm spring front and 7kg/mm spring rear, that's about as far as my chassis stiffening has gone. They R31 has a very good chassis, good bracing across the rear seat area, could be stiffer though, I am adding a 4 point bolt in half roll cage next year, which will help!
But really it's stiffer suspension and a very low centre of gravity.

cheesy_j

Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SS
Here are some more of me up in Darwin.
32E6173C-89F5-4362-A7FB-730970746954-3454-0000038C9076E29C.jpg

2F5DC16F-CE17-4CB2-BF8E-3A223B712231-3454-0000038C8E33BC6E.jpg

sweefu

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Berlina V6 / R31 Skyline
Great pictures mate! What sort of tyres do you use?

I would be interested to know what sort of suspension / steering / alignment you run :)

Froggz

Less talk, More Torque.
Reaction score
Members Ride
1999 S15 Silvia
I love Drifting just wish I could afford to go to track days. Sure going fast strait line is fun and all but doing it sideways that's a totally different type of fun .

Morton

For external use only
Reaction score
Members Ride
Fairstar the Funship
njTT0.jpg

We've turfed this car now, building an RB30 S13 for the February Matsuri ^_^

skitzone80b

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vr executive
Loving the 31's in this thought I'd add mine, unfortunately due to a whole heaps of issues I didn't get out last season, sigh. But this year it's on like donkey kong.

31shaggyshouse.jpg

plazma.jpg