Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

[VIC] who's taken an engine conversion to vicroads, and what'd you bring?

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
i'm taking my 5L converted VP to vicroads, and they were fairly vague on the phone about what i should bring, they basically said some kind of documentation or proof that the car came with this as an optional engine.
i've got all the right running gear, except the 85L tank, i kept the 65 for weight and laziness.

anyway i was just going to bring in a gregories manual. but i was wondering what anyone else had brought if they'd done it. don't want to go there then have to head back for nothing, cos i'll probably be taknig a day off work to do it.

Grennan

Slayer of Stupid Threads
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV G8 Sportswagon
I dont think a Gregories manual will cut it, I would think you'd need something from Holden/Car Specs - but it begs the question why dont they just look at their system and say oh yeah a 304 came with that car.

Anywho...you will also need some sort of ownership papers or receipt or something for the engine.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
oh yeah, i did up a receipt for the dude i bought it off. good point. i'll need to dig that out.
but yeah, not sure what i can dig up for the car specs tho. i'd have thought vicroads being the arbiters of such things would be able to tell from the engine number, if they're this hopeless i should have put a roller block in it and tried that.

mr calais 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
vy s 2003
Shouldn't be a prop if they came with a 5ltr and it has a rwc and recipt should cover it to transfer it and get it on the road

383 hatch

Reaction score
Members Ride
VG Ute 5.0,Torana hatch 383,WB Ute 5.0,VR stato5.0
When i took my VN to Vic Roads after i converted it to 5 litre, i just got my dad (qualified mechanic) to write a letter saying the conversion was done using all factory parts and that all the necessary safety requirements have been met (brakes etc.) and that all emission equipment was installed and operative, well something to that extent anyway. Rolled up with the letter, a receipt for the engine, filled out the Vic Roads engine change form, they checked the engine number and away i went.

Without some sort of letter from a mechanic or something, you might have a bit of a hard time.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
ok, it's getting a rear muffler welded in before i make the trip, so i'll see if daalder exhaust are willing to help me out with that. i had a holden mechanic willing to help with something like this, but he's getting divorced from my mutual friends sister and leaving the country.
why are people so selfish?

Last edited:

kniever

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY II Calais L67 & VN II Calais T5 5ltr
why are people so selfish?

whats even more selfish, when are you gonna do a build thread? you have been doing this conversion for a while now and ive been wondering when pics are coming.

pow3rslave

DoNothing Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5.0L
whats even more selfish, when are you gonna do a build thread? you have been doing this conversion for a while now and ive been wondering when pics are coming.

good point, i'll chuck some shots up tomorrow :D