Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why am i using so much fuel?

Computers
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series II SV6
I fill mine up with Ron98 stuff purely cos I dont have to fill up as often as with regular unleaded.

I get 600kms out of it on average here in perth. More if I do a lot more fwy driving.

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
What mods have you done? im sitting on around 18 atm with my new big cam and all other full bolt ons lol thats with a not complete tune and having to do full throttle logs to send away, but once the tune is finished everything has settled in and i do my oil change i reakon i can get my around town down to low 17's

Hey dude,

2 1/2" D&T cat back, VCM OTR CAI (MAF) but not had it tuned yet so running fairly rich.. How do you find the big cam? there was a guy having his SS cleaned same time as me with the big cam etc... the sounded like it was trying to chew the pavement.. me likes!

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
Hey dude,

2 1/2" D&T cat back, VCM OTR CAI (MAF) but not had it tuned yet so running fairly rich.. How do you find the big cam? there was a guy having his SS cleaned same time as me with the big cam etc... the sounded like it was trying to chew the pavement.. me likes!

Its perfect, its oztracks hps cam so its a big cam but has driveablity of a small one, plenty of low down still, and its acuturally easier to drive then when it was just tuned with full zorst ect, sounds hot too very lumpy shakey idle

Luke V8

AKA Luke!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Commodore SSV
Its perfect, its oztracks hps cam so its a big cam but has driveablity of a small one, plenty of low down still, and its acuturally easier to drive then when it was just tuned with full zorst ect, sounds hot too very lumpy shakey idle

sweet.. that's what this guys sounded like.. started up (auto) and it sounded almost like it was struggling - really lumpy - he drove out and booted it for me.... little bit of sex wee came out.

Last edited:

WogBoyz

435rkw/590rwhp
Reaction score
Members Ride
08 VE SSV M6 Ute
sweet.. that's what this guys sounded like.. started up (auto) and it sounded almost like it was struggling - really lumpy - he drove out and booted it for me.... little bit of sex wee came out.

hahah nice, yeah mine isnt that big that it strugles but deff has the tough sounding uneven surging idle, and suprisingly isnt too bad on fuel either

Mitch-VE6LTR

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SS series 2
My 6 liter does 200+ km off half a tank around town averaging about 19.2 liters per 100km

duehicky

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Sedan
I find it funny from empty 20 bucks gives me half a tank lol

RiCeY

F O R U M W A R R I O R
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SV8 6spd 6.0 430rwhp
Fill your tank up to the first click then drive around till the low fuel warning comes on.

Fill up at the same servo on the same bowser and see how many litres it takes to the first click.

This will determine if your fuel guage is accurate or not.

Let me know the results and we can move on from there.

ashleysv6

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SV6 Wagon
to the guy who told me that the first half of the tank is bigger then the second.. (i thought u were kidding) but you are right!
i used to put half a tank in and it would last me 3 days max but i put 3/4 in on wednesday and today (sunday) i still have half a tank left. so 10-11.5L/100km must me alright then?

DAKSTER

Beam me up Scotty!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Berlina
Set up surveillance on the car and watch for a bogan with a hose and jerry can...