Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

why can't I do a stand still?

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
To all of you who are trying to bag me out, you don't know me, so you shouldn't judge me, I'm a dad and would hate an idiot doing that if I was out with my family, it so happens that my friend who has a property just in country had his shed knocked down, he done it in his petrol only vs v6. I figured I'd try but wouldn't work, however back in my dumb days (and don't judge, youve all had them) I tried years ago in my vy. Was just a simple question as to when gas is installed, what is the big change to make this occur? #### the haters on here, yes I'm still learning so #### anyone who doesn't have the time to help someone willing to learn.

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
To all of you who are trying to bag me out, you don't know me, so you shouldn't judge me, I'm a dad and would hate an idiot doing that if I was out with my family, it so happens that my friend who has a property just in country had his shed knocked down, he done it in his petrol only vs v6. I figured I'd try but wouldn't work, however back in my dumb days (and don't judge, youve all had them) I tried years ago in my vy. Was just a simple question as to when gas is installed, what is the big change to make this occur? #### the haters on here, yes I'm still learning so #### anyone who doesn't have the time to help someone willing to learn.

Why didn't you say that in your first post? (Well most of it).
You probably would have received different responses.
It just sounded like a young idiot not being able to impress his mates any more.

uniacidz

Harden the Frak Up
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
It's the same with every car I've had, running petrol only my vy could do a standstill, once gas got put on, the revs won't go over about 2k, my vs which was already on gas also won't go much over 2k. Why not and how to Change it? Cheers

So is it just gas now, or you using petrol car with LPG installed.

When you trying, its when you on petrol right?
About 2000rpm is the torque converter speed anyway.

Im thinking perhaps the extra weight added by the LPG tank could be causing it.
Kinda like a knifes edge, 6cyl might been ok without the gas cylinder, but now just a tad too heavy and not enough oomph

Nut Kracker

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VT SS 304ci (195i)
Along with a full 70 odd kilo gas cylinder and a fullish tank of petrol, that's a lot of weight to cart around.
Not to mention any passengers.
As uniacidz said. Not enough oomph for the extra weight.
Plus, the older gas set ups were not as good as the newer injected ones.

Greggles_VS

The Noob
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6 Ecotec
Yer it's dual fuel, and cheers for these answers, I haven't read the link posted yet so this question may be useless, but still makes me wonder why it can't rev past that point, I understand the weight side, like I have a fusion tube, some tools and 2 baby seats to add weight, but Im guessing your meaning the motor doesn't have enough power to pass the resistance of the brakes meaning in a fight the motor loses lol I'll read that link now tho :p

adam10_1990

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore S2 Ute Manual
I dont know if you can see the video or not, as a mate posted it on my wall,

But all this talk of v8s?

This is an almost stock V6 vs commodore ute, manual, extractors, chip, on brand new tyres. In the dry, on a very very sticky, rubber coated burnout pad at power cruise 43

https://www.facebook.com/freddyliciousnessssss/posts/616239058437243

edit - you can tell by the complete lack of smoke (this is a practice session) that im not using diesel or milk.

WazzaVN

Wazza VN
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 6ltr ute, VP Calais and HJ Prem
It's because you have 3.08 diff gears, a gas tank and your brakes are on. Empty your gas tank and get some vice grips man. Then throw some loops on your mates concrete!

PlenumBiscuit

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY Commodore
{TRACTION CONTROL} built in maybe

the v6 expenditure should be going on to fuel economy not mods for performance gain

TI3VOM

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Commodore

Again...Over one year on this forum and over 515 post you should know better than to ask such a stupid question (one that you know will get this sort of reaction) on this forum, especially when you leave out the most important (not sure if true) bit.
Maybe this can be a learning curve for you then.
If the mate with a knocked down shed that lives on a property is true, then I hope you get out there and have some fun :)