Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

why do people hoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssmate

Reaction score
Members Ride
ss thunder
Uhhhh this is so stupid......

Its amazing how many of you can sit there and wow us with your "i don't do that ****, i take it to the track".... Jeese, shut up.

Hooning....

[REASONS]
1. People think its cool.... im not going to lie to you, i love burnouts... crowds love burnouts.... 1500 people at noble park love burnouts. Its like fasion, you wear the clothes to impress other people.

2. Self Satisfaction... It feels good to rip a skid or powerslide round a corner. Theres nothing like coming out of cloud of self produced smoke from your rears. It makes you feel like you've achieved something. Youve harnessed the power of your car and done some tricks on it... its like doiong a flip on a pushie or a backside tailslide.... hooning makes you feel good.

3. Defiance... The old saying that rules are ment to be broken. You set boudarys and someones gonna try and break them. You have laws and the same thing happens. It s human nature to want to lead and not follow... its human to want to have free will. "Hoons" dont like to be controlled and so "dropping a skid" is there way of standing up to opression. Some people just dont want to follow the rules...

4. Bordem.... Ever just got bored and wanted a thrill??? Its like when you drop the clutch at set of lights and fly up to the speed limit. Thrashing a car can be instigated from bordem. People with nothing better to do are likely to go do wheelies.

5. Adrenalin Rush (See Self Satisfaction - Similar) Like jumping out of a plane or skiing down a big ass hill, drag racing (be it legal or not) is a rush. The first time i did a burn out, my legs were shaking for ages!!!! It was scary as all **** but i loved it... same with handbrakies, powerslides, doughies, skids, drags, fishies... whatever.... it gets the blood moving.

6. Lack of Alternatives... Ok, the definition of hooning is funny as its the same as pro car racing except its done on streets not tracks. Drag racing and the likes is completly legal on tacks but not on the streets... so.... a hoon is just an enthuisist with no where to go, not EVERYONE can "take it to the track".. maybe because there isn't one!

The point of the this thread is "why do people hoon?"... not "what are the alternatives to hooning" or "why im better than a hoon" or "hoons are young kids".... PLEASE! just for once, stay on topic in a thread like this. Its liek the P plater threads, the older selfrightious get stuck in and all hell brakes loose.

on a side note, sorry for being hpyocrytical, but governments are always after solutions and never prevention. Its usually a bandaid quick fix to stay in parliament. Sorry, but no one cares. The vast majority of voters are not hoons so natuarlly, the party wants to favour the people that are gonna get them the seats. People genrally dont like "legal on track hooning" so a supportive fix wont happen, it will be supression, and its gonna start with younger drivers.

Oh and - Parenting: Parenting has alot to do with life, not one specific action of a parent will cause a knee jerk reaction, infact, its a combinatins of events over the course of the developing years which contributes to the genaral common sence and attitudes of youths. The people that break into video stores are brought up wrong, not becasue their parents didnt say not to but becasue they weren't taought respect and right from wrong. again there is no one key problem to a persons attitude.

sorry, one last thing... noble park.... yeah, there were hoons there, but the vast majority were just fk wits. There is a major difference between vandels/rioters and hoons. They can often be the same thing but it is improtant that the two do not get confused.

I have hoonish tendacys, but i dont fk up cops or shops. Get my drift?

Sorry For the essay.... actaually no im not.... but im gald you read it.

aZk.

agree with 95% of that just didnt want to be the one who wrote the page long essay lol

Cody82

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Berlina
yeah fair enough everybody loves to see a bit of action and despite what anybody says everybody here does. But why the **** do it outside a maccas where there are people who dont give a **** about a burnout near by and lets face it they ARE dangerios and against the law. If you must do burnouts **** off somwhere where no body is and you wont get this kind of up roar, **** me is it that hard? I love performance cars and what they can do yeah sure but why be a showpony

AttaBoy

WTF?!?!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Acclaim V6
What you think manufacturers make cars for??? For transport from A to B. Not trashing the sh!t out of them and breaking the law. The law is there for a reason so why it is so hard for someone to obey it?? I know car are fun to drive thata why there are 'sports cars' but remember their purpose is not to break the law, just fun driving. And what are tracks for?? Dragstrip???

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
What you think manufacturers make cars for??? For transport from A to B.

No, thats not the case at all.... i dont need a 310kw Senator to get me to the milkbar.

Not trashing the sh!t out of them and breaking the law.

There is a fine line to waht you are implying... what do you define as a hoon? Dropping the clutch is hoonish as by the police and it isn't "thrashing the **** out of them"

And what are tracks for?? Dragstrip???

You just dont get it.... not EVERYONE has a dragstrip avaliable to them... i know its wrong but there is no where else for people to do it!

aZk.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
No, thats not the case at all.... i dont need a 310kw Senator to get me to the milkbar.
There is a fine line to waht you are implying... what do you define as a hoon? Dropping the clutch is hoonish as by the police and it isn't "thrashing the **** out of them"
You just dont get it.... not EVERYONE has a dragstrip avaliable to them... i know its wrong but there is no where else for people to do it!

aZk.

LOL, the last few posts of yours have really proved that you are in fact a wanker.

Just because your not close to a track does not justify using a public road as your private drag strip. Just because you love burnouts does not mean you do them on PUBLIC roads.

Your examples are just plain pathetic and typical of the youth of todays thinking. Grow the hell up and realise the roads are there for travelling, not for your enjoyment.

I cannot believe you actually posted that tripe.

shaggerz

Reaction score
Members Ride
2004 VY2 SV8 A4
Just for the record I am 21 years old and agree with minux 100%...

vtwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon
I actually reckon his first post was pretty spot on in relation to the title of the topic. And i'm sure that just because you called him a wanker doesn't mean he's gonna go 'oh he doesn't like me better stop hooning'. The thing with people who speed constantly speed, duck n dive through traffic etc. is that they don't give a **** about anyone and hoons like this you pretty much cannot stop. Thay usually drive with or without a license in exactly the same way.
And I reckon the reason people do burnuts outside joints like maccas etc. is that because who cares if no ones interested in hooning, who doesn't turn to look fot a second when they hear tyres screeching and smoke everywhere.

minux

Reaction score
Members Ride
2017 SSV Redline
I actually reckon his first post was pretty spot on in relation to the title of the topic. And i'm sure that just because you called him a wanker doesn't mean he's gonna go 'oh he doesn't like me better stop hooning'. The thing with people who speed constantly speed, duck n dive through traffic etc. is that they don't give a **** about anyone and hoons like this you pretty much cannot stop. Thay usually drive with or without a license in exactly the same way.
And I reckon the reason people do burnuts outside joints like maccas etc. is that because who cares if no ones interested in hooning, who doesn't turn to look fot a second when they hear tyres screeching and smoke everywhere.

Your right, i turn and look. However, if i am quick enough i also get a photo of the rego and pass it on to friends and family, who just happen to be part of the police force. Always great for a laugh.

vtwgn

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT executive wagon
Oh but in general i do agree with what minux has to say its just that calling each and every hoon a wanker is just a waste of anyones breath, I would say these days it would probably be a minority who never go through a little hoon phase when they get there p's

Status
Not open for further replies.