Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why does the VN sound like a vacuum cleaner?

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Decent Wertiem will have 3x as much suction if you get the $500 one. We had two Dysons at work and the wife has one. My old Electrolux has better suction. Only saving grace with a Dyson is they are fairly robust.

POS91VNMAN

Reaction score
Members Ride
91vn manual
Profile pic sitting in a commodore most likely a VN. Is that your missus ? maybe she brought a vacume and that noise your hearing is her cleaning the house. .
I thought it was the 'missus' asking the question lol. If you want ya VN to sound like a vacuum cleaner just take the whole air intake of at the TB seems to scream from sucking in air

MikeC

Reaction score
Members Ride
VQ Statesman
If its a V8 it makes a pulsing roar. This was a cheap and popular modification with young hoons in the early 70's.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S Pac...(S for sexy)
@Brettly-2008 I put the stock filter on it and it still made **** loads of noise

Now the only theory i have come up with, is the TB makes the noise... because i had the whole intake upto the TB off and it was noisy af
Theory is, the stock filter muffles that sound

@nocrust That is me, in a Vz Crewman *i think* , and you are probably right... my missus did have a new vacuum then so maybe

If you want your dyson to suck more, just put a ford sticker on it ;)

Also, love how the thread changed to talkin about frozen water pipes and vacuum cleaners :p

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
Still waiting to see some pics of this EK

Tonner Matt

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ 1 Tonner LS1 M6
@Tonner Matt
shet... you're from darwin
What part? and ever go to the fishermans wharf on a friday?

I'm in the northern suburbs close to Lee Point and Buffalo Creek ;)
Never been to the Friday night meets at fishermans wharf, been meaning to go and check it out for a while just never got around to it.
Have seen pics of the meets down there and seen a few of the cars around town....some of the cars that get down there are awesome and a real credit to their owners.

She looks good....Nice to see some pics of the old girl
It's kind of odd at first to look at those pics on a nation wide forum knowing where most of them were actually taken
I can't remember seeing any other pics on the forum that were taken around Darwin

Last edited:
Reaction score
Members Ride
VN Executive S Pac...(S for sexy)
I'm in the northern suburbs close to Lee Point and Buffalo Creek ;)
Never been to the Friday night meets at fishermans wharf, been meaning to go and check it out for a while just never got around to it.
Have seen pics of the meets down there and seen a few of the cars around town....some of the cars that get down there are awesome and a real credit to their owners.

She looks good....Nice to see some pics of the old girl
It's kind of odd at first to look at those pics on a nation wide forum knowing where most of them were actually taken
I can't remember seeing any other pics on the forum that were taken around Darwin

They sure are
Im from out in McMinns Lagoon