Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

why dont people sell their copies of the Holden Service Information Package?

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
If i go to a library and get a car manual or any information say for a report or some **** and use the photcopier they provide and charge for this purpose is that illegal? who is more in the wrong me or library that charges me to make an illegal copy?

IMO intellectual property rights and copyrights are a load of bullshit and should be banned worldwide they ruin the world with their dodgey practices of making money. You know you breach copyright whenever you sing happy birthday without paying royalties to time warner?

You know that the cure for cancer could have been already discovered if it wasnt for copyrights?

Yeah,but these people have never done ANYTHING illegal like sing happy birthday because its illegal and you can get into trouble.Haha, geez people on here make me laugh when they go on about how much of a model citizen they think they are..

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
I can tell you are one of the many people in this world that believe knowledge and information should be kept to within a select group of people, rather than shared with others.

Not at all. You stated that quoting the relevant legislation might have been of more value than just saying "it's illegal". Well, fair enough for you perhaps as it appears you are a Kiwi, where there is only one set of statutes relating to copyright. In Australia, each State has its own laws, making the determination and dissemination of the relevant legislation a bit more involved and complex.

If you were so concerned about this matter, perhaps YOU could have taken the action you suggested I take, and look it up for the OP. I don't need to see the law in black and white - I know it exists, it's no secret and advertising in this country about piracy is commonly seen at the movies and on DVD's. As I said earlier, printed material has its own caveat within the first few pages.

And to Brett jjj

Nobody here has said they never copied anything illegally or claimed to be a "model citizen". Have a look at the question the OP asked. It was straightforward and so was the answer. Other members said go ahead, what does it hurt, copy and distribute or sell it. Some of us said to be aware of the laws and the risks.

I've certainly done it years ago, before I had any inkling that it was illegal. I know the rules now and try to at least abide by them. Your ignorance is equally laughable.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
Oh Im not ignorant,I just plain and simple dont care about the laws,or the people who preach them.Theres too many spineless do gooders in the world that bend over and let big companies or governments ram it home without saying a word.

Last edited:

Tatiana

We should have sushi Carol
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
Equinox LTZ - runs on cocaine

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You just keep obeying your laws that keep getting tighter and tighter (and stupider).What ever happened to a free country,yeah its free alright,free as long as you do as your told and not do or say anything.(unless you happen to own a multi million dollar buisness,then your exempt from these laws .)They should have just let adolf hitler win the war and run the show the way the world and its stupid laws are.

Tatiana

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
I will thanks :)

You keep flouting the law and we will have one less rebelious lunatic to deal with.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
You are the one with SA THE MURDER STATE written up in the corner under your location.Oh I get it,your just trying to pretend to be tough,but are really a goody two shoes.

Last edited:

Tatiana

Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
What a completely stupid and irrelevant comment to make. I didn't commit murder, it's a slap in the face at the state I live in. If I had "I have murdered lots of people" I would understand your comment. Nothing but a fool grasping at straws to keep a debate going - epic fail.

Brett_jjj

Reaction score
Members Ride
vs commodore
he he,I love it.People are so serious.As I said,I really dont give a crap what you think or what anyone thinks for that matter when it comes to stuff like copyrights etc.Im just stirring ya a bit,and you stir easliy,Settle petal.

Last edited: