Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why Supercars tweaked the Camaro, not the Mustang in parity search

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

figjam

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
FJ
There will be more motor racing excuses this weekend than all the NRL and AFL coaches (and Aus cricket team players) combined can put together.

Immortality

Can't live without smoky bacon!
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
HSV VS Senator, VX Calais II L67

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L
Be good if they would televise the 12 hour race. Probably more interesting than the two car Supercars series seeing as neither car is Australian anymore.

greenacc

Searching for the billion
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Berlina
Neither car is anything remotely close to the production car it draws it's name from. So it's really a case of one race car design team being a bit behind the other. The mustang has been reaching for a few seasons already so no big surprise it's a bit faster than the Camaro to begin with.
I said much the same thing to the drivers group at a press conference once. Brocky himself nearly chewed my head off! Oops. Wasn't the best choice of words..

07GTS

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEGTS BUILT BLOWN E85
Neither car is anything remotely close to the production car it draws it's name from. So it's really a case of one race car design team being a bit behind the other. The mustang has been reaching for a few seasons already so no big surprise it's a bit faster than the Camaro to begin with.
I said much the same thing to the drivers group at a press conference once. Brocky himself nearly chewed my head off! Oops. Wasn't the best choice of words..
plenty for each side to complain about now tho, each has different engines like factory so no doubt we will get the u have more cubes, then we can say back that well u have 3 more camshafts... least the Camaro looks better then the ZB

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY

The Mustang guys were whinging the Camaro was quicker, so they did a parity test....Turns out, the Mustang was better than the Camaro so they have done some more upgrades to the Camaro....

So there will be more whinging by the Mustang guys

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
The Mustang guys were whinging the Camaro was quicker, so they did a parity test....Turns out, the Mustang was better than the Camaro so they have done some more upgrades to the Camaro....

So there will be more whinging by the Mustang guys
Who cares....