Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Why was the old POTD thread removed completely?

ben315vz

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'05 Holden VZ Calais V8
Why didn't the old thread just get un-sticky-ed instead of removing it completely.

I didn't even realise until I noticed I went from having nearly 600 likes back to 109. When I seen that I went :O

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
Gets rid of alot of the Facebook style likes for just pictures and leaves likes on real content that's original to the user this way.

Garth

Your guess is as good as mine......
Reaction score
Website
www.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
100 series Toyota Landcruiser V8 monster
it's not removed, it's still there.

Pickle'

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Omega
Gets rid of alot of the Facebook style likes for just pictures and leaves likes on real content that's original to the user this way.

Would be nice if this was the case, but i simply have no likes what so ever for some reason.

Loaded Dice

.... Lets roll.
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12 SSV Redline
Jecs said:
it was discussed in here: Why was the old POTD thread removed completely?

unknowingly 'archiving' the old POTD thread would remove the likes from it. dont focus too hard on the 'likes' anyway

its the little green boxes under your name that shows if that member word is useful.

Seeing as you locked my thread ill reply here. No, the green boxes are useless as hardly anybody uses them, the like button however gets used frequently on useful posts, not just pics.

Bad decision that.

Jecs

PAVTEK Race Engines
Staff member
Reaction score
Members Ride
'97 Caprice 355ci & VZ SS Ute
Seeing as you locked my thread ill reply here. No, the green boxes are useless as hardly anybody uses them, the like button however gets used frequently on useful posts, not just pics.

Bad decision that.

privileged of being a mod is closing threads that have already been answered.

dont know about you, but i just checked my rep's (it only displays the latest 10) and all of them are from this year. so, guess people still do use it.

and you should focus on the green boxes because people dont just push one button and boom its 'liked' they give a little feed back and thank you for the help.

which is why the rep system is and will be more respected then the likes.

what happened? I'm not overly concerned about the numbers, just wondering why they dropped back?

also, if you click the 'likes received' in your profile at the top of the page it will have the accurate amount of likes you have received.