Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will a cat back help fuel consumption?

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
I am about to acquire a SSV-Redline. Finally convinced myself I can live with the cream/white interior touches. Would prefer all black, but its just not an option with the Redline.

I have a Redline.
Initially I hated the cream throughout the interior, however after 5,500km I stepped into a brand new SSV with full black interior while waiting at the dealership and to be honest.. It felt dull and boring to me.

Also I have the Walkinshaw cat back system.. It sounds absolutely unreal, I'm not sure what it costs as I also got an OTR and tune but I think you wouldn't see much change out of $2,500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
If you pay $2500 for a cat back you need your head read.

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I did a quick search but didnt find much. what happens with your warranty if you choose a catback from amanufacturer other then walkinshaw? i know W and Holden have this relationship with thier stuff and as such your warranty isnt affected.

Just curious.

I would imagine a catback wouldnt impact on the way everything else works and relates, so shouldnt be an issue? Dealer salesman wasnt much help, just trying to get me to commit to the W310.

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I have a Redline.
Initially I hated the cream throughout the interior, however after 5,500km I stepped into a brand new SSV with full black interior while waiting at the dealership and to be honest.. It felt dull and boring to me.

Also I have the Walkinshaw cat back system.. It sounds absolutely unreal, I'm not sure what it costs as I also got an OTR and tune but I think you wouldn't see much change out of $2,500.

Understood. My VE SV6 is all black interior and to be honest I really like it. I guess this is why the Redline interior threw me a bit. I am sure I will grow to love it.

Not_An_Abba_Fan

Exhaust Guru
Reaction score
Members Ride
Strange Rover
Warranty isn't affected with just the cat back.

Fitting extractors and cats requires a tune and Walkinshaw cover any warranty issues arising from that, not Holden. Holden can't really deny any warranty claim if an aftermarket part did not CAUSE the issue. Some dealers will tell you that warranty is void if you fit anything not sanctioned by Holden, but this is not the case. The only issue you will have is if an aftermarket part causes something to fail then the warranty for that part is not covered. They can't void the entire vehicle warranty though.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8
Nope not each to their own, your a flat out fool if you pay that.

Lol ok.

Not all of us are in the same financial situation. We don't all have to buy the best 'bang for buck' cat back system.

AirStrike

Reaction score
Members Ride
91' VN SS
Lol ok.

Not all of us are in the same financial situation. We don't all have to buy the best 'bang for buck' cat back system.

No some are just to stupid to know any better, haha. Sales men love fools like you.
Who mentioned 'bang for buck'? Plenty of systems that are a better quality for less.

_Jay_

Reaction score
Members Ride
Black VF Clubsport R8