Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will a VF Steering Wheel fit on a VE

Saito

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden WM Caprice
Has anyone actually fitted a VF Commodore Steering Wheel into their VE Commodore at all, and if so how big of a job did it end out turning out to be to do the Swap/Conversion to fit a VF Steering Wheel?

As if you want to fit a HSV VE style Flat Bottom Steering Wheel into your VE Commodore your going to have to pay big dollars just to get a New HSV VE Flat Bottom style Steering Wheel for your VE Commodore.

But on the other hand you can Purchase a HSV VF Commodore style Flat Bottom Steering Wheel for a fraction of the price! As the HSV VE style Flat Bottom Steering Wheel are selling around the $850.00 to around the $1200.00 mark, compared to the HSV VF style Flat Bottom Steering Wheel are selling around the $180.00 to around the $280.00 for a Leather Steering Wheel up to around the $1100.00 mark for a VF style Flat Bottom Steering Wheel covered in Alcantara/Suede!

Personally, i can't work out why the HSV VE Commodore style Flat Bottom Steering Wheels are so much more expensive compaired to the HSV VF Commodore style Flat Bottom Steering Wheels, as i thought the Older VE model Steering Wheels would be Cheaper than the Newer VF type Steering Wheels!

So if your really wanting to fit a flat Bottom Steering Wheel into your VE, depending what is actually involved to get it done and what it would cost in the end to do the Swap/Conversion, it may/could work out Cheaper to fit a New VF Steering Wheel, but that all depends on how big of a Job it is to do and what it would end up Costing to get it done?!

Just out of curiosity will it fit with some sort of modification? Obviously it’s not going to bolt straight on but surely someone out there has modified things to make it all work?

Fu Manchu

We’ll get together. Have a few laughs.
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Crewman, VZ Cross 8, & ya mum.
No. There is no conversion. There is no swap.
There is multiple threads on this and this is the second page with two people asking the same question. And the answer is on the other page.

Different spline pattern attached to a different steering column attached to different airbags attached to different way of operation for the stereo attached to different way of other button functions to work. And it’s styling would not match the VE styling.

Buy a VF or read the whole thread or shell out for the VE wheel.

Last edited:

lmoengnr

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
MY12.5 Maloo R8, MY12 Redline ute, Magnum 224
Just buy a HSV...

Saito

Reaction score
Members Ride
Holden WM Caprice
Coz HSV tax.
I was referring to i can't workout why just the HSV "VE" Flat Bottom Steering wheels are so expensive, but the HSV VF Flat Bottom Steering Wheels aren't. As the HSV "VF" Flat Bottom Steering Wheels are only around the $180-$280 mark, compared to between $850-$1200 mark for the HSV "VE" Flat Bottom Steering Wheels! As even the Flat Bottom Steering Wheels off the "ZB" aren't that expensive, yes they aren't a HSV Steering Wheel, but the fact that only the HSV "VE" models Flat Bottom Steering Wheels are so expensive is beyond me!.. Also just pointing out i am referring to "New" Flat Bottom Steering Wheels, over ones you may be able to pick up "Second-Hand" from the Wreckers but may still be OK or may need to be Recovered!