Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
Chequebook journalism, disgusting suck-up job, no objectivity whatsoever.
Given it's all facts & equipment levels & prices, and nothing positive or negative about the cars; dunno where you're channelling John Cardigan on this.
Face it, Holden is gone, this is the next best thing & potentially for less moulah.

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Given it's all facts & equipment levels & prices, and nothing positive or negative about the cars; dunno where you're channelling John Cardigan on this.
Face it, Holden is gone, this is the next best thing & potentially for less moulah.
Ok, still sychophantic sucky fucky journalism like their cringeworthy goodbye to the SS.
Face it, 2.0 litre with high tech handling refinements expoused as wonders like... Macpherson Struts... for $40k plus on road, sure that's something to celebrate and look forward to.
Then for easy $20k more than (we still have) with the SS or $10k more than a nearly as capable Golf R, you get a sub compact little fake Benz cabin that's being sold as a big car ie Commie replacement, crappy Korean brand with no motorsport history whatsoever fricken ever, no scepticism about the performance claims based on accepted engineering, it's all one-way press release. Lick it up fools.
Holden is dead, who gives a **** greedy bunch of arseholes, I have the last of the V8s, it kicks arse and I'm happy.
However backroom deals and sneaky paid promotion 12 times a month lauding via every fricken media touch point that this turbo Korean shoebox replaces an SS is just wrong.

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Ok, still sychophantic sucky fucky journalism like their cringeworthy goodbye to the SS.
Face it, 2.0 litre with high tech handling refinements expoused as wonders like... Macpherson Struts... for $40k plus on road, sure that's something to celebrate and look forward to.
Then for easy $20k more than (we still have) with the SS or $10k more than a nearly as capable Golf R, you get a sub compact little fake Benz cabin that's being sold as a big car ie Commie replacement, crappy Korean brand with no motorsport history whatsoever fricken ever, no scepticism about the performance claims based on accepted engineering, it's all one-way press release. Lick it up fools.
Holden is dead, who gives a **** greedy bunch of arseholes, I have the last of the V8s, it kicks arse and I'm happy.
However backroom deals and sneaky paid promotion 12 times a month lauding via every fricken media touch point that this turbo Korean shoebox replaces an SS is just wrong.
Haha, tell us what you really think monstar.....but I agree wholeheartedly. Glad I've got my Aussie V8 over this raspy sounding KIA that already looks dated with the overdone fake vents.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
your onto something there, electric will be the performance cars of the future.
but it just would not be the same as our v8s , we go into speed shops wanting extractors hiflow exhaust ect
what will electric car hoons ask for, maybe go to jaycar for heavy gold plated battery cables, larger amp batteries ect.
i know what i would rather even if its slower

1.21 Gigawatts!

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Same price or less than Commodore, no it's just $25k more...
5.4 seconds 0-100, no 5.1 seconds 0-100, no 4.9 seconds 0-100...
270 kW, no 272 kW... 510 Nm, no 550 Nm now... that's the AWD version, no that's the RWD version, no it's both...
Large high performance RWD sedan to fill the void of the SS... doesn't matter, can't wait take my money.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
$25k more?
What are you on, and can I please have some? :)

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
$25k more?
What are you on, and can I please have some? :)
So now you're saying the wiley Asian marketing men are allow to exaggerate and we aren't? OK $10k the diff still buys 30x boogie board bags full of the good stuff or half a pallet of single vineyard Barossa Valley Old Vine. And yes @Forg you're welcome to have some and come for a hoon hunting tour on Stinger release :cool:

Last edited:

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
But even the $10k ... ? If a GT is $60k, the base is $49k and the one in the middle is in the middle; that's basically the same pricing as SS, Redline, and the used-to-exist SSV ... innit?
We still don't know what the 4cyl will cost mind you, but the others are close to the original guesstimations so probably pretty close to $40k; I'd be very surprised if I didn't prefer the 4cyl Kia to the 2018 Notcommodore.

Mind you, it's all a bit irrelevant, because no-manual-no-care.

And where can I consume some if this Single Vineyard with you?! :D

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon
Considering neither has been released yet, so just going by what I have seen/read, I would go for the ZB AWD Commodore wagon in preference to the Stinger....my only reservation is what has happened to Opel so I would probably want to wait & see how that panned out ...ie more likely a second generation if that were to occur.