Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

markalan1two

Smile and wave boys !!!!
Reaction score
Members Ride
X5 BMW, GenF2 GTS, HSV Y R8, AMG C43

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
*Posts another ad*
Interesting to witness the dyno creep after making such a scene skipping and squealing like a girly idiot when the Swinger hit 233.7 rwkw on the dyno, officially, according to their independent test.
Now in hindsight little beardy man thinks that is you know, close enough to round up to 240 rwkw.
IMG_1397.JPG

Absolute crock of shiit sycophantic arseholes.

EternityDre

Reaction score
Members Ride
MSE #385
Agree good video, pretty obvious the new Commodore was going to be rubbish at trying to be a performance car, despite what Holden say.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Well, just watched TOPGEAR USA/UK
They had Stinger and i30 on test.
There was a list of countries that make really good and fast cars.
Australia was in 8th place.
When they factored in the results of the Stinger and i30 they pushed South Korea up to 8th place and they said "we don't need Australia anymore" and Australia was thrown off the list. (Australia don't make cars anymore :(:(:mad: so that's the end of that)

Phawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SSV Redline
Fuk Top Gear!

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
That’s the weird thing about us, the Holden corps that have been abandoned, abused, left out to dry, we feel our flag has been taken down.
Yes it hurts, but I think that is perfectly normal in the fading light of collapse that is affecting all suppliers to GM and the DIY auto sector.
I really don’t understand Australians who celebrate cars which come close in value or performance, its more than that.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
That’s the weird thing about us, the Holden corps that have been abandoned, abused, left out to dry, we feel our flag has been taken down.
Yes it hurts, but I think that is perfectly normal in the fading light of collapse that is affecting all suppliers to GM and the DIY auto sector.
I really don’t understand Australians who celebrate cars which come close in value or performance, its more than that.
You’re saying that interest in the Stinger was “celebration”, so much as “grasping onto something which looks like you could potentially still enjoy ‘cos the alternatives have all gone & otherwise there’s nothing to enjoy”?

Although there’d still have been interest in Stinger if Commodore had continued to exist; probably until people realised it felt numb to drive by comparison. They’d still sell a few on the basis of turbo-torque & the traffic-light drag, they’d sell some on the basis of reliability reputation.

The latest Wheels says that there was at least some consideration put towards a turbo V6 ZB. Might have been interesting to see sales if they’d not pissed-off the fans by calling it Commodore & had had a performance flagship.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
Stinger by KIA, but isn't KIA owned by Hyundai?

So Hyundai must have a rear drive V6 twin turbo, so what is it, where is it?
220px-2013_Hyundai_Genesis_Coupe_3.8_R-Spec_--_06-15-2012_2.JPG

So this was a 3.8L r-spec Genesis something from 2012-2014 ???

Last edited: