Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Kia Stinger really flog an SS?

Would you be happier in a KIA?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
^ I cannot find it, sorry ... I'll go looking again tonight.
May be a reading fail on my part, the thing you've linked is among the things I read prior to my poast.

Jeez, 600 cars in 18,000,000; no wonder we haven't seen many around!

Sabbath'

Redblock Jesus
Reaction score
Members Ride
80 Series// VFII Black Edition
^ I cannot find it, sorry ... I'll go looking again tonight.
May be a reading fail on my part, the thing you've linked is among the things I read prior to my poast.

Jeez, 600 cars in 18,000,000; no wonder we haven't seen many around!
Cheers, will be interesting to see if they suddenly got waaaaaaaaay ahead of themselves on their projections based on early interest but from that article they sound pretty grounded in their expectations and the market they're targetting.

A car like the Stinger, which is aimed at the performance level of a brand, and to then have qualities as a jump aboard from other brand followers if not just to give it a try is best suited as a low volume import. Not for exclusivity just because the market sector isnt large enough to cope with trying to force 5000 units through a month. Aside from salesmen trying to talk people into seats it sounds like nobody higher up expects the Stinger to be parked in every driveway in Australia.

Phawk

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF11 SSV Redline
All of us who own the last of the SS's should be flattered that this car even though it has ceased production and has a "Dinosaur" V8 under the bonnet is the benchmark other car manufacturers are holding their performance marques as their main rival, I couldn't give a rats a** if it's quicker or not, as I've said before the Kia will only get faster as each model develops and progresses this is natural progression and in inevitable, in 2 years time the Stinger could be XXXKw and competing against Audi, AMG and BMW, 1st impressions are not to bad for a newby....It will only get better!

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
All of us who own the last of the SS's should be flattered that this car even though it has ceased production and has a "Dinosaur" V8 under the bonnet is the benchmark other car manufacturers are holding their performance marques as their main rival, I couldn't give a rats a** if it's quicker or not, as I've said before the Kia will only get faster as each model develops and progresses this is natural progression and in inevitable, in 2 years time the Stinger could be XXXKw and competing against Audi, AMG and BMW, 1st impressions are not to bad for a newby....It will only get better!
Well the thing is Commodore was what we noticed in the headings but yeah the PR machine obviously lines it up against ze Germans already. Commodore SS vs ze Germans... another thread.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline Sedan - A6 Spitfire MSE...
Well said.

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Well the thing is Commodore was what we noticed in the headings but yeah the PR machine obviously lines it up against ze Germans already. Commodore SS vs ze Germans... another thread.
Not a bad idea.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
99% of buyers that were specifically looking to buy the last commdore would have bought one last year. Will just be the opportunistic buyers that purchase the very last of the commodores.

The stinger might have alot of interest but some people will be hesitant with it being the very first model.. would expect alot to wait till all the bugs have been ironed out.

the number of unsold Commodores at my local dealer is what is called " A fair whack " , they well be tackling people as walk by soon , and begging them to buy one , or jumping on the bonnets of passing motorists .

monstar

Naturally as-pirated
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Members Ride
Peugeot 207 GTi
Not a bad idea.
Yeah, first time I mentioned the notion didn't pan out too well with numbnuts three years ago, second time based on the Ignition videos earlier in this thread post #214 (cue 463 posts earlier) went down a treat, however when someone showcased his BMW M5 special edition with the detuned race engine, I mentioned not so impressive vs SS, linked to Germans topping lists of the worst showboats in automotive history, balanced argument got deleted just sad really, ended up in tears.
So by all means would be glad to provide the artillery for an assault on ze Germans, likely end up in tears (this time we corner the rats in a bunker and feed diesel fumes through the vents).

426Cuda

SUBLIME!
Reaction score
Members Ride
Yeah, first time I mentioned the notion didn't pan out too well with numbnuts three years ago, second time based on the Ignition videos earlier in this thread post #214 (cue 463 posts earlier) went down a treat, however when someone showcased his BMW M5 special edition with the detuned race engine, I mentioned not so impressive vs SS, linked to Germans topping lists of the worst showboats in automotive history, balanced argument got deleted just sad really, ended up in tears.
So by all means would be glad to provide the artillery for an assault on ze Germans, likely end up in tears (this time we corner the rats in a bunker and feed diesel fumes through the vents).
Hahaha.
You inspired me to start an LE V the world thread. Something I've been meaning to do for a while. Sorry if it looks like I've gazumped you. But i realy am interested in hearing from other LE owners / drivers on this.
Re your question though, do it. I reckon it's time we had it out with the Euro snobs. Blow by blow. Respectfully of course. It's Marquis of Queensbury rules!