Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will VF commodores (non V8 models) go up or down in price next year?

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
The dealer gave us a how-to as part of the handover, when we bought the car … I think I tried to use it once, couldn’t work it out within the bounds of my attention-span …

Dunno if I’d call it “safety stuff” though, more a useless gimmick, and really surprising they spent money on it rather than radar cruise.
They were looking at Radar for the VF but the front of the car was already designed.

The park assist module from memory was only about $6 each car to add back in 2013. The modules were there for blind side assist and front and rear park sensors.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
even with the front of the car designed all they would have had to do is put the radar module behind the grille like in the zb and had a software change to the cruise control to implement it on the vf.
because the module sits behind the grille it would have required no aesthetical changes, all it would have needed was a mount designed and to make sure there was no metal in front of it.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
even with the front of the car designed all they would have had to do is put the radar module behind the grille like in the zb and had a software change to the cruise control to implement it on the vf.
because the module sits behind the grille it would have required no aesthetical changes, all it would have needed was a mount designed and to make sure there was no metal in front of it.

yeah it pains me to think just how close it was. I mean we get forward collision alerts and brake priming so you gotta think that radar crusie would have been a bees dick away from implementation.

wouldn't even be surprised if it had already been tested at some stage too.

VF was on the cusp of being a very modern vehicle way back when. I wonder what would have needed to be done to make it semi autonomous, it could already steer itself as well. Probably just held back by testing and a bunch of red tape.

stooge

Reaction score
Members Ride
Turbo Alpaca
I wonder what would have needed to be done to make it semi autonomous, it could already steer itself as well.

when i first got the zb i was surprised with the lane assist in it and i experimented a bit on various roads with letting it steer itself as much as i could and around 20/30deg bends it did it very well and i found that for the most part it can steer itself without issue.

i thought it would not take too much more to make this thing properly semi autonomous especially on roads with good markings like freeways.

Anthony121

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline MY17 & VF Director
when i first got the zb i was surprised with the lane assist in it and i experimented a bit on various roads with letting it steer itself as much as i could and around 20/30deg bends it did it very well and i found that for the most part it can steer itself without issue.

i thought it would not take too much more to make this thing properly semi autonomous especially on roads with good markings like freeways.
I drove a ZB VXR back from Sunshine to Port Melbourne with the adaptive cruise control on. I didn't even use the brake to come off Cook Street and then let the car take off again in traffic. Was hard to let the electronics do braking but it only works at traffic lights if you have a car in front of you slowing downs at the same time. It also steered most of the way except the big turns. All the steering assists don't like when you don't steer it after a while with message place hands on wheel with chime.

As for the VF not receiving the radar module, I heard they would of had to design the front headlights and grill again and they were too far into engineering stage. Would of been nice back in 2013. It really would of been Australia's most advanced car made in Australia.

Forg

Reaction score
Members Ride
Regal Peackock VF SS-V Redline Wagoon
As for the VF not receiving the radar module, I heard they would of had to design the front headlights and grill again and they were too far into engineering stage. Would of been nice back in 2013. It really would of been Australia's most advanced car made in Australia.
It already was!
But then it didn't have much competition on that score ... :)
It would've been technologically punching well above it's weight, though; a first for any Australian manufacturer ... for example, for the first Commodore, Holden took the German Opel outer panels/styling and fitted them to a 60's-spec Kingswood underpinnings.

panhead

Reaction score
Members Ride
Cars
Here's an on-line current auction, it will be interesting to check out where the prices are in 11 days.

Lloyds Auctioneers and Valuers - Auction Lots (lloydsonline.com.au)

An update on the auction prices for some Aussie cars with about a day to go.

Lloyds Auctioneers and Valuers - Auction Lots (lloydsonline.com.au)

So far a good price for a supercharged FG FPV R-Spec Falcon, if it wasn't an auto I'd be tempted.

Classic, Muscle & Barn Finds Auction (A762)(CC182) - Lot 300 (lloydsonline.com.au)

Holden17

Reaction score
Members Ride
MY16 SV6 ute/MY17 LMF SS wagon

J_D 2.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
2009 VE SSV M6 on LPG and 2022 Kawasaki Z650L