Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will Warranty cover leather split?

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
Hi,

Opened the drivers car door today and immediately noticed a split in my armrests leather.

Its not a cut, its a jagged edge split so has just popped overnight, possibly during the heat of yesterday. I have been every few months giving all the leather in the car a clean and moisturising it with the armorall leather stuff. So it shouldnt be a dried out issue.

Anyways, my first thought was this is dodgy, warranty. So I contacted Holden just now and the answer doesnt fill me with confidence. It has to be assessed by the dealer and determined if its manufacturing fault or not. I find it difficult to believe leather would just wear and tear in a 2 yr old car.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
need some pics mate, my opinion - they'll knock it back, if you make enough noise and take it far enough up the chain they might break. You'll need to get a fine toothcomb over the warranty conditions.

mpower

Reaction score
Members Ride
V2 CV8 Monaro and VF SSV Redline
reposted for you.

don't like your chances.

gT0mhkx.jpg

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
thanks.

No harm in giving it a go. No doubt the replacement will be a tidy sum.

sleepa

Shiny...
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SS Sportwagon, Audi A4, Combo work hack
At least it is only the armrest.
Are you sure it is genuine leather and not the leather coated vinyl stuff that a lot of cars use these days? Not having a go at anyone, just that's kinda what it looks like in the photo, more or a peel.

Also If you want a nice looking spray leather cleaner/protectant, give Bowdens own leather love a go.
I use it to give leather a quick spruce up and it is pretty damn good. No slippery seats, a nice smell and seems to actually protect.

ozdrexler

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF SSV Redline
I would expect it to be leather. I am assuming its leather. Its a redline so was reported as leather.

Better be leather.

will give the bowdens a go.

timandhayley

Reaction score
Members Ride
Astra RS-V Hatch
All vinyl on the door trims. In fact most of the trim in VF's is vinyl.