Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
unless he can magic up better cars, change the image of the brand or something like that then he's got buckleys of doing anything.

"his" success at Toyota depended on a good product and brand image along with timing in the market. Things which are largely out of the control of the managing director.

Why I think it might be doomed to failure is because all I seem to be reading on this forum is, the ZB is rubbish, yet I doubt half the people knocking the car have actually driven it. .. They just say it looks butt ugly, or looks like a Mazda and has no V8. The reviews I see on here from those that have driven them actually seem positive....

Fair enough, no V8 is available, yet surprise surprise, V8's seem to be far and few these days between main stream manufacturers....You have Nissan, Ford, and Toyota....That's it from what I can think of....And the order of sales, best to worst... Toyota, Ford then Nissan...

A lot of cars look the same between manufacturers...Been like that for years, so what's the difference with the ZB Commodore?

I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if Holden actually start getting to the top of the sales chart in the next 10 years, especially considering they seem to be targetting the market with FWD'S AWD's and 4WD's, which is the way the market is going

Last edited:

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Pricing AND warranty.
As I said a few days ago, there were a couple of dealers advertising on carsales a Calais V and VXRs for 52 and 53k drive away with 7 years warranty. All were sold within a few days.
That's what they all should be selling them for. 60k is way to much.

I've been hearing on the radio in S.A, one Holden dealership is offering ex-Holden employees 10 year warranties, like they got from the factory....If it was offered to the mainstream, I could see that helping considerably

Pablito

Reaction score
Members Ride
VF Redline, VE SS
If they want to survive they are going to have to do it the way Hyundai did it.
Hyundai was a swear word 10 to 15 years ago. Now after years of building customer confidence up by improving their product, competitive pricing and long warranties, they're popular as.

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
I saw the advert.
Seems to imply if you test drive a ZB whatever model and then test drive the Kia, you will be given a $500 discount.

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
I've been hearing on the radio in S.A, one Holden dealership is offering ex-Holden employees 10 year warranties, like they got from the factory....If it was offered to the mainstream, I could see that helping considerably

That ad was done by "Kittle Holden" using the voice of "The Adelaide Crows " Mark Riccuito and yes I heard it yesterday. Honestly I find it a tad patronising. As said above if this was a general offer they'd be amazed at the response they'd get.

I'm finding that most ZB's are being sold as Fleet sales and not to private buyers.

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
I read today that the managing director of Toyota is taking over Holden.....Might be interesting to see how he goes with it, considering he lead Toyota to near top of the sales charts

That seems to be the kiss of death for some MD's

VT&VX

Reaction score
Members Ride
VX Acclaim
That seems to be the kiss of death for some MD's

Give the girls a go at this gig. Call it a fresh strategy "now for something completely different at Holden" .. "Holden is different now" ... "a new direction" ... "we know who really makes the long term decisions at home"

commodore665

expat Saffa
Reaction score
Members Ride
2005 SV6 & Alfa Romeo 156 V6
Give the girls a go at this gig. Call it a fresh strategy "now for something completely different at Holden" .. "Holden is different now" ... "a new direction" ... "we know who really makes the long term decisions at home"

if Holden is anything like my own house hold , I'm just the silent partner , I leave all major things to " she who must be obeyed " .

vs-lover

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS S2 Calais, VS S2 Exec Wagon, VS S2 Acclaim
Are you for Real ?????????