Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Will ZB be the end of GM in Australia

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
You have a 4WD, which is driven in either 2 wheel mode, or 4 wheel mode, for offroading in boggy situations....An SUV is generally all wheel drive, which isn't much good for anything pass a dirty drive way.....So you are getting ballsed up between the 2

Then so must be the manufacturer that made my old bus. Because under the sun visor on the drivers side it used to say Sports Utility Vehicle. It also said about only using low range in full off-road situations and it said what conditions to use the various options on the transfer case, either 2 wheel drive, 4 hi or 4 low.

vc commodore

Reaction score
Members Ride
VC, VH and VY
Then so must be the manufacturer that made my old bus. Because under the sun visor on the drivers side it used to say Sports Utility Vehicle. It also said about only using low range in full off-road situations and it said what conditions to use the various options on the transfer case, either 2 wheel drive, 4 hi or 4 low.

It was a yanky made vehicle and yanks have weird ideas on what they call a vehicle.....ie a Triton ute would be called a truck....A semi (as in the rig) is called a tractor...A tractor....I have no idea what they call them....

VS 5.0

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE SSV Z Series M6
I don't agree that a lot of stuff that gets passed off as music is actually music.

Doesn't make me right though.

losh1971

Reaction score
Members Ride
VE Series I SS Ute
Yeah it was a Jeep.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
No!!!!!...…... Say it isn’t so. Was that your choice, or the choice forced upon you by an important member of your family ?.

When the time came to replace our (almost) indestructible Kingswood wagon, I very generously, and unselfishly, offered first and final wife a new VE, V8 Calais V wagon. Her cutting comments were something about it being “a tank, just like the Kingswood.”
So a Territory it was, because she sat up high, it had adjustable pedal box, “and the grandkids can sit in the dicky seat. They will love that”.
End of story.
It was my choice. My knees are truly ratshit and I'm on the list for a double replacement. The other half has a dud hip and also suffers from difficulty getting out of late model cars. We. Both. Needed the elevated seating and I wanted a wagon.

Noeleter

Reaction score
Members Ride
VEII Equipe Sportwagon
The thing with most SUVs these days is that they are just such great value. I still have my Commodore and never thought I would buy an SUV but started looking around for a car for my wife and ended up with a Kia Sportage. It is a reasonably base model but has everything that opens and shuts, seven year warranty, great fixed price servicing etc etc all for a great price. If you csn't beat em join em!

Skydrol

Reaction score
Members Ride
Pontiac G8 GT
It was a yanky made vehicle and yanks have weird ideas on what they call a vehicle.....ie a Triton ute would be called a truck....A semi (as in the rig) is called a tractor...A tractor....I have no idea what they call them....

Is all based on marketing, gimmicks/tech and the flavor of the day. We (US) do not care what is called, as long gullible people flood the dealer's gate and buys one, who cares.