Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Willipede's 1996 VS V6 Ute

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Update: Fixed the coolant temp sensor

Looking to buy an intake, I'm hoping to get an over the radiator intake or something similar but not looking to spend big $$$.

Not sure on which catback to get as I only want a little louder than the factory one. I was thinking about this one but I feel like it might be too loud still has anyone used this?
VS Holden Commodore V6 UTE OR Wagon 2 5" CAT Back Sports Exhaust System Rhino | eBay

A plenum and manifold spacer If I can get a second hand set in good condition.

Also is this aldl cable anygood? http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/151751718701?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

And finally a tune from the1 hopefully after all this is done.

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Hi
re the CAI there is some info around here somewhere...I dont like the over radiator ones as you get heat soak in city traffic but the info has pros and cons to different styles of CAI
re the aldl cable for pretty much the same money you can get this one ALDL Cable - Envyous Customs
done by a site sponsor Envyous Customs
included with the cable is a reg key for his advance diagnostic program which is great little bit of kit if your just starting out

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Thanks Wozza, I've organised an aldl cable and I don't really do any city driving or sitting in traffic so I think an otr would suit my needs the best.

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
I hear a gurgling sound into the coolant overflow as soon as I shut the car off is this caused by a faulty radiator cap? Or is it just a normal thing

Wozza

Reaction score
Members Ride
VR_GS commodore
Yeah it can mean the radiator cap is faulty...its cheap so replace it and see if it fixs it

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Got my aldl cable, using tunerpro rt and just trying to figure out which bin, xfd and adx files I need. Hopefully I should be able to get it all figured out before sunday and then do a data log and have a gander.

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Also would like to say I have purchased a mace 69mm throttle body just waiting for it to come and I'm wondering if I can install it without having a tune for it yet, I will be getting a tune done for it one day but probably not very soon, Thanks

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
Update:

69mm throttle body arrived today and had been installed. The throttle feels more responsive even on my completely stock engine and the shift points don't seem to have changed to much and overall I'm happy with the outcome.

Changed the radiator cap and am yet to hear the coolant overflow bubbling which is a good sign.

Brush touched the stone chips and now she looks 1000 times better

Here's a piccy of my new throttle body

Last edited:

Willipede

Reaction score
Members Ride
Vs v6 S pac Ute
I would eventually like to do an l67 swap if it would be cost effective, I am interested in going this route over a 5l because the range of aftermarket modifications available as well as from what I've read It's a more straight forward swap, I'm wondering what the most cost effective way to do this would be and an estimate price for the process, I will be attempting to do most of the work myself.

I'm looking to do this swap when my motor shits itself and maybe a manual conversion but I'll have to look into that more

JCL

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS V6 Ute
What made you decide to go for the 69mm throttle body over some of the other bolt on modifications (plenum/manifold spacers, CAI etc)

Just interested as I am currently thinking of doing a couple of things to my ecotec which is pretty stock other than ecu performance chip