Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WINDOW TINt

fkford

Love The Beast!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VS exec S2
i have 5% on the back window (BIG mistake)
15% on the rear windows
and 20% on the front windows.

i have been pulled over about 3 times but they have never mentioned anything about my tint.. 2 times being at night when in my back window u literally cant see through at all.

i regret the 5% .. 15% is the darkest you want to go

VYHDT

Donating Member
Reaction score
Members Ride
VY HDT
you can but spray tint for like 20 bucks a can. can have it as dark as u want

yehhhh...:spew:

Couple of guys in Campbelltown that charge 240-250 for any tint % you prefer..
Thinking of going 20% cos 35% is weak.. and anything darker that 20% i find is risky.. Had 5% all round in previous cars... coming onto onramps etc. in the night.. it was hard to check blind spots.. ended up having to put down the windows to check..

vnwpn2

Banned
Reaction score
Members Ride
vn
m`ate wher u gettin them tinted?

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
The window tint laws are one I dont agree with, eventhough I adhere to it.
The law was put ion place so that vehicles beside you, can see through your car to check on coming traffic before turning or similair.

Of course, thats absolutley useless when the vehicle beside you is a van, truck, 4 wheel drive, bus, or trailer - in otherwords 40% of the time.

Stick to the law. Not because it's a good and sensible law, but because it's the law - until you get the law changed :p And the insurance point is an excellent one.

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
Stick to the law. Not because it's a good and sensible law, but because it's the law - until you get the law changed :p And the insurance point is an excellent one.

if we all stick to the laws while doing mods our cars would be stock.

after market exhaust = illegal

lowered suspension = illegal

intake mods = illegal.

its more if you want to mod your car dont complain if you get booked.

Tsunamix

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT 2
Actually Nanos you can lower your car a small amount and it's legal. Not lower than 100mm road clearance if I remember correctly for sedans.

After market exhausts are perfectly legal. Otherwise you could never replace a muffler. Again, keep the legal requirements such as noise and emissioins covered and your aftermarket exhaust is legal.

Intake mods aren't illegal unless they effect your output emissioins or noise laws, and push them beyond the legal :p

Kernal

Reaction score
Members Ride
NSW 5% all round on a VT sedan by a private guy who does tinting for dealerships for $280 with life time warranty. Been pulled over heaps of times cops dont care (knock on wood haha).

Nanos

Not a Mod
Reaction score
Members Ride
VXII LS1 Berlina Wagon
Actually Nanos you can lower your car a small amount and it's legal. Not lower than 100mm road clearance if I remember correctly for sedans.

After market exhausts are perfectly legal. Otherwise you could never replace a muffler. Again, keep the legal requirements such as noise and emissioins covered and your aftermarket exhaust is legal.

Intake mods aren't illegal unless they effect your output emissioins or noise laws, and push them beyond the legal :p

i think you have missed my point, what i was more saying was most of us when we lower our cars go lower than legal, most sports exhaust systems will not pass epa noise test and emmision tests. i can tell you my otr its illegal.

i just scraped through the noise test with a factory cat back on. was right in the limit.