Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windows 7 - Tester Opinions

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
Ok heres thos shots of the Gadget Gallery which is now built into Windows Explorer. no more sidebar;)

gadgets.png

gadgets2.png

gadgets3.png

Ozzie

JCCC Warrnambool
Reaction score
Members Ride
Ozzie'z Supercharged VY Calais
can it be nlited?

Ive tried vlite with this build but it seems to have a completly different install.wim file compared to Vista. Everything goes well untill install freezes, so no support for vlite at the moment.

Have you had a chance to try the beta IE8 yet ?.

Yes, IE8 beta1 comes as the default browser in Windows 7. Few bugs running in compatability mode, but nothing major besides some 3rd party plugins which will freeze IE.

In time for Windows 7 beta1 to be released in December, most of these issues will be fixed.

FstStig

Diagnostician
Reaction score
Members Ride
2010 VE SV6
In time for Windows 7 beta1 to be released in December, most of these issues will be fixed.

You hit the Nail right on the head mate.

Also thanks for clearing up the support for multi-taskbar, as I'm not running a Dual Monitor setup and had only heard about it, wasn't sure what build it was going to be released in. BTW how did u unlock the new Taskbar? I tried to do it with a little program to Unlock Protected features and using afew Command lines, but to no luck every time i try to launch it, it just crashes and says UnlockProtectedfeatures.exe has stopped working. Any Ideas?

Cheers

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Thanks Ozzie. I have been using Mozilla for years now. I updated with IE7 but never liked it. Touch slow and it closed on me at times. I liked the look of it easy to use but it just wouldn't run smooth enough.
Then on my mothers PC hers is backwards to mine with Mozilla and IE:p.

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais
Thanks Ozzie. I have been using Mozilla for years now. I updated with IE7 but never liked it. Touch slow and it closed on me at times. I liked the look of it easy to use but it just wouldn't run smooth enough.
Then on my mothers PC hers is backwards to mine with Mozilla and IE:p.

Here is my one complaint with IE7, the stop and refresh button are on the opposite side to the forward and back buttons :bang:

As for vista, I liked it but back to XP for me and it looks dated now, I am waiting for the skin pack to be compatible with SP3.

There was a project at work to go with Vista, it has now been dumped and we will go straight to windows 7, once we get our in house apps to play nice.

Full Spectrum

Bro it's a VW your Audi!
Reaction score
Website
www.news.com.au
Members Ride
Berlina V6
Here is my one complaint with IE7, the stop and refresh button are on the opposite side to the forward and back buttons :bang:

As for vista, I liked it but back to XP for me and it looks dated now, I am waiting for the skin pack to be compatible with SP3.

There was a project at work to go with Vista, it has now been dumped and we will go straight to windows 7, once we get our in house apps to play nice.
Shows how much i pay attention. I didn't know they were or opposite sides:D. The only time i use it is for Hotmail.

Straight to Windows 7 sounds like a good plan.

BANKS

DW I'm a Spray Painter!
Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ SSZ Ute
While on the subject, does anyone know where i get get themes for xp?

anyone, bit bored on the "silver" theme.

It has to be freeware and froma site that doesnt give me every known virus, including foot and mouth...

can you get a windows vista skin for XP?

50LTRv8

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT V8 Calais