Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windows Vista - New Windows Version

VS Omega

Reaction score
Members Ride
VS Commodore Omega
Well it was easy for me to setup linux to connect to the internet, I think I was playing with Mandriva, Red Hat and Knoppix (love it).. but it's probably because it auto-detected my on-board nforce4 network card and did it's thing, and the internet comes straight out of the router to the four boxes :p

Speaking of the source-code, I used to have the bits that got leaked out from Windows 2000, think one of them was for the start menu.. my god the profanities in there, you can tell they don't enjoy their jobs "doing this so this ****ing thing will work" or something like that

sixshooter

Reaction score
Members Ride
2x VS
Juzza-先輩 said:
Well it was easy for me to setup linux to connect to the internet, I think I was playing with Mandriva, Red Hat and Knoppix (love it).. but it's probably because it auto-detected my on-board nforce4 network card and did it's thing, and the internet comes straight out of the router to the four boxes :p

Speaking of the source-code, I used to have the bits that got leaked out from Windows 2000, think one of them was for the start menu.. my god the profanities in there, you can tell they don't enjoy their jobs "doing this so this ****ing thing will work" or something like that

LOL... :rofl: I've been really tempted with extra comments in my source code sometimes.

azkwazere

Ahhh Yes, Ahhh Yes....
Reaction score
Members Ride
VP 5-SPD / 24-SPD Racer Hybrid
sixshooter said:
Yeah everyone that bags it is either a dummy and jealous of the money M$ rake in... or have been using windows since 95 and are still complaining... If they took up programming they'd understand there's millions of lines of code which isn't an easy task to do, and they'd give it some repect for what it is.

Any of the slaggers out there tried installing Linux and got it networked with their isp as easily and straight forwards as XP ?

..ummm yep, not really rocket science really... i only use windows for the following reasons:

1. Drivers - Linux has a severe lack of them with certain models of Hardware
2. CS (Customer Support) - I have a lot of clients who use windows who need alot of help...how am i supposd to do that when i dont use the product?
3. Time - I cant be bothered recompiling my kernal everytime i want to add something..thats why linux for me is a server only platform at present. I just dont have time mcuk around with it as a desktop. 3 jobs, no life.

i slag microsoft because for the money everyone pays for the bloody software and the time they spend on it and the money they have, they keep bringing out unstable ****. Sure its hard work etc to get some of it to work, but if they operated like any of the UNIX dev teams then maybe they'll produce something useful.... i have respect for bill gates in terms of business planning, he has made his bankrupt compnay into an empire, however, his software is not as..well good now is it???

VOTE PROP 123# Less candy, More Stability.

..ps...sash, that was the fuk'n funniest thing i have ever seen...played with it for hours!!!!!!!

aZk.

B

bns-sticky

I tried looking for a download of it but I couldnt find it. Any links please. The only download I found needed access numbers or membership.

Or maybe someone could snail mail me a copy. I would pay for the DVD and postage of course.

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
torrentspy.com for the whole torrent of Vista, I cancelled it cos I found the theme pack (which stuffed my computer).

J

Joes_meat

azkwazere said:
..ummm yep, not really rocket science really... i only use windows for the following reasons:

1. Drivers - Linux has a severe lack of them with certain models of Hardware
2. CS (Customer Support) - I have a lot of clients who use windows who need alot of help...how am i supposd to do that when i dont use the product?
3. Time - I cant be bothered recompiling my kernal everytime i want to add something..thats why linux for me is a server only platform at present. I just dont have time mcuk around with it as a desktop. 3 jobs, no life.

i slag microsoft because for the money everyone pays for the bloody software and the time they spend on it and the money they have, they keep bringing out unstable ****. Sure its hard work etc to get some of it to work, but if they operated like any of the UNIX dev teams then maybe they'll produce something useful.... i have respect for bill gates in terms of business planning, he has made his bankrupt compnay into an empire, however, his software is not as..well good now is it???

VOTE PROP 123# Less candy, More Stability.

..ps...sash, that was the fuk'n funniest thing i have ever seen...played with it for hours!!!!!!!

aZk.

Have you tried some of the newer distros? I've never had to re-compile a kernel and I've only had one piece of hardware not work with both Suse 10 and Breezy Badger Ubuntu. But that's just my experience.

(The piece of hardware was a Connexant winmodem which I eventually got running under Suse and never got running under WinXP without 5 dropouts per minute. Worked fine in 98 though.)

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
has anyone got the microsoft link for downloading windows vista beta????? :unsure:

mattman

Reaction score
Members Ride
'00 WH V6
You need to be a registered beta tester to dl it direct from ms.

Just check out any decent torrent site and you'll find the latest build

Tasmaniak

Not a valid input....
Reaction score
Website
www.ranjinstallations.com.au
Members Ride
VR Stato, C180 Kompressor, Prado and Ka
*link removed*

lol

Last edited by a moderator:
B

Baritji

Its a pretty useless program. Bugs EVERYWHERE, and it's not much better than the current version of XP.

Waste of a d/l IMO