Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windows Vista - New Windows Version

DavoTheGreat

Reaction score
Members Ride
Z Series ClubSport
Baritji said:
Its a pretty useless program. Bugs EVERYWHERE, and it's not much better than the current version of XP.

Waste of a d/l IMO

Of course it's full of bugs, it's only a BETA!!

As for driver support, I've found XP drivers seem to work ok, although in a lot of cases the setup programs will detect the version as being something unsupported so they fail - doesn't stop you installing manually via the device manager though. Just point to the ini file and you should be sweet.

Whilst Linux distros have come a long way in the past year or two (you now get a stable desktop that even includes things like wireless network and bluetooth support out of the 'box'), it's still not ready to tackle Windows. I think a few of you guys forget that Windows isn't primarily used in the home, it's used in the office. So you need a system that's easy to deploy, is compatible with all your hardware and software, and is easy and quick to administer on a mass scale. Linux is none of those things.

You end up with two sides... pay large initial outlay on licensing costs and low ongoing support costs plus access to proper vendor support... or pay low initial outlay for cheaper or free Linux and have higher ongoing support costs and stuff all vendor support.

Reaper

Tells it like it is.
Reaction score
Members Ride
RG Z71 Colorado, 120 Prado , VDJ200, Vantage
dephilile said:
XP came out when i was in year 9 or 10. so about 5 or 6 years ago i guess.

Reaper

Reaction score
Members Ride
2011 VE SV6 II Commodore - Chlorophyll
Microsoft Windows Release Dates
1995 = Windows 95a
1996 = Windows 95b
1997 = Windows 95c
1998 = Windows 98 First Edition
1999 = Windows 98 Second Edition
2000 = Windows ME (Millenium Edition)
2001 = Windows 2000
2002 = Windows XP Pre Service Pack (Home And Pro)
2003 = Windows XP Service Pack 1 (Home And Pro)
2004 = Windows XP Service Pack 2 (Home And Pro)
2005 = Windows Media Centre Edition
2006 = Windows Vista ??????
;) ;) ;) ;)

bangers

Reaction score
Members Ride
EL FALCON XR6
you all may as well wait for apple mac to release their program which is being made to run with microsoft products.

matty88

LPG Installer :p
Reaction score
Members Ride
TEXXXY: Resprayed TX3 Non Turbo
The next computer (when my AMD 3000+ runs outta juice) I'm gettin a mac cos of the stability and most apps I use will work with it, orelse I'll just use the product that Apple's made to run XP