Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Windscreen washer problem

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
I have a blockage somewhere in the line between the washer bottle and the nozzles (yes i can hear the washer motor going). I've been able to track the blockage as far back as the i can before the line disappears below the battery. Anyway my question is this, can i safely remove the battery or is the 2001 VT Commodore one of these cars that required a code of some sort to be input after the battery has been removed....something to do with central locking?

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
VX S2 Berlina Wagon with Phreddied bits.
You can remove the battery.
The only code require is your radio security pin code.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Will the radio operate after the battery has been removed? I don't have the radio code.

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
Once the battery has been disconnected ,
the radio will only operate after the correct code has been entered.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Thats a bugger, is there anyway of extracting the code before taking the battery out?

how do auto sparkies get on?

WAGON MAN

Gas Sleeper
Reaction score
Members Ride
You can only get the code from Holden or Eurovox.
Your only other option is to safely keep 12v running to the battery leads whilst removing the battery
or you can purchase a plug in to the ciggy lighter 12v power source.

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive
Hmmm might be a trip into see the local Holden dealership and get them to look at it then i guess.
Thanks Wagonman.

Sam_100

Reaction score
Members Ride
VFII SV6
I had a similar problem a few weeks ago. Washer bottle full, motor spinning up, but no water on the screen. Turned out to be a blockage at the interface between the washer bottle and the washer motor. There is a rubber grommet with a mesh screen, between the motor and the bottle. A bit of slime had built up over the mesh preventing water getting through. Once cleared, all worked well.

I suggest you check there first before before removing battery to check lines etc. First you need to remove the washer motor then the grommet. It's not very difficult to do. They can only be accessed from underneath the quarter panel.

ian

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt berlina wagon
on my vt i ust jacked the car up and pulled the washer motor out from underneath the car there was no need to take the battery out , i then pulled the grommet out and that was blocked
once cleaned it worked like new , 5 min fix

ozNick

Reaction score
Members Ride
VL Berlina 3.0 Auto
Had a similar problem with my VT - cleaned the filter (same as Sam_100) all good.

Later I had the same problem on the wife's VZ and I spoke to a mechanic who just happened to be visiting us. He said he has a lot of success by shoving a garden hose into the washer bottle with the tap running and moving it up and down, letting it overflow. He showed me on the VZ and sure enough it cleared. I suspect it is cleaning the mesh and the gunk is overflowing. Worked fine since (~2 years).