Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

wiring gauges

unregistered

Reaction score
Members Ride
03 VY V6 S2
mine are currently wired to the yellow acc wire for the radio. but i have the option enabled to keep the radio on until the door opens. not sure if cig lighter does that.
The gauges i have are: SCX Silver Dial Performance Gauges
Wiring the oil gauge isn't hard, only hard bit is finding a brass tee piece. then just need to run one wire from the sender to the gauge.

Chrisvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY SS
Brass tee is an RG45 i believe but ill let you all know as i have one ordered for pick up tomorow so i can finally connect my oil pressure gauge

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
forums.justcommodores.com.au
Members Ride
VY SS
I finally tracked down some awesome full sweep red face gauges (oil pressure and volts) from America to match up with my red ss dash cluster. Will be installing them as soon as they arrive, also got a genuine binnacle with the twin humps that suits the VY, it was fitted to the GTO Pontiacs over there.
Some good advice here about the wiring. Most difficult part I reckon will be fitting the oil pressure sender.
And yes, would be tops if you could post up some pics Chrisvyss.

hope you didnt get one that came off a gto. being left hand drive it might not fit your car

Chrisvyss

Reaction score
Members Ride
02 VY SS
Gauges

photo.jpgpic2.jpgpic.jpg

SS Manual

Reaction score
Members Ride
VY SS UTE
hope you didnt get one that came off a gto. being left hand drive it might not fit your car

Apologies, they are a modified VZ gauge pod in ABS Plastic for the VY. Here's a pic of them in place waiting on gauges.

Gauges finally cleared customs yesterday so hopefully arrive tomorrow.

Thanks for the pics Chrisvyss, they look good mate. I'll add a few of mine when complete.

Attachments

• binnacles.jpg
    binnacles.jpg
    51.3 KB · Views: 1,350
  • binnacle II.jpg
    binnacle II.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 602

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VY SS
here are mine that i fitted on the weekend, going to swap the voltage gauge out for an oil temp when i get the oil adaptor for the senders.

IMG_0250-1.jpg

axemurderer101

Reaction score
Website
Members Ride
VY SS
my power wire is wired directory to the bat :eek:, would of been easier to do it to the head units power but meh

its actually easier going straight to the plug on the key barrel, just gotta pull the covers off the steering column, dash surround and dash cluster. i was thinking of doing a how to but forget to take pics lol