Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

Wiring Subwoofer to Amp

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
so tr3nt you are saying a 12" would kick the **** out of 700 wat per coil 15" fusion powerplant. i suggest you go talk to some more people before you make harsh comments about something you don't know much about.

dream on

cheers

scott

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
so tr3nt you are saying a 12" would kick the **** out of 700 wat per coil 15" fusion powerplant. i suggest you go talk to some more people before you make harsh comments about something you don't know much about.

dream on

Alright, if I was a rapper, I'd say I notice a bit of beef towards us, but cause im not, and im Australian, I'll say we have a Grudge.. my aim with this post is to piss off the 'grudge'.

Ok, I don't pass myself as an expert at car sound, but im not a COMPLETE dumbass. I have heard the Clarion 600W (Dual Voice Coil) 12" subwoofer, and I've also heard the Fusion 15".

However, not only by opinion, but by actually talking to mates of mates who are professional installers, they have also said that Clarion will flog most other subwoofers in it's range (obviously it can be beaten). One paticular guy runs the Pioneer 800W 12" dual subs and he stated that a single Clarion would flog a single Pioneer.

It's only by opinion form ME and from other Pro installers that Clarion is a KICKASS subwoofer.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
i don't hold grudge's and for the price/quality range the clarion goes. it just sounded to me like you thought it was the best sub in the world, thats all. no hard feelin's here

cheers

scott

Locksmiff

Reaction score
this isn't a go, dig, slander etc towards anyone. It's an offer. I have in my wifes echo. Clarion MP3 head unit, clarion coxial 2 ways in the dash, splits, which the woofer part is in the door and the tweeter part I am stuffing around with now, 2 x APX 400.4's and Clarion 6 x 9's and for now a clarion 10 inch sub, in an eclosure made to have ti start dropping off around 35 ish.

If anyone wants to actually sit in it and get an idea, by all means PM and say Locky can I have a listen.

The way it is now, until my wife gets home, near almost has the staging fine tuned. It need the 6 x 9's turned around so the tweeter is in the middle its reflection off the rear window should put it just near right I have the 6 x 9's gain turned down abit and set to a high pass.

It needs the woofers in the front doors, to help move some of the bass up there. The trebles etc, stageing as I said is near right. It has spun me out a bit actually

Baldric

The BOSS
Reaction score
Members Ride
VE GTS M6
Trent, Careful what you say around these parts, as alot of people around here can/have helped you, the clarion and the fusion are in effect 2 very differnt woofers ther clarion is a very fast deep punch as it has a fast throw, where as the 15" is a slow deep punch, both suited for two differnt types of music.

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
thats why the perfect match for good bass is a 12" and a 15"

cheers

scott

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Ok, I put all that behind me now..

If anyone has seen a Sub in the boot of a VK, I need some advice, I bought the smallest sub box possible from Autobarn, yet it still doesn't fit standing upright in the boot :( It does fit laying down, but I been told that the bass wont be as good, and will possibly make the parcel shelf rattle like all hell. ???

xstatic

Reaction score
Members Ride
vt gen 3 berlina
the box must be pretty bloody big, mine fits with heaps of room left over. in your case i would say try strathfield they have small boxes. if it don't work out make your own. i've got a 12" sub as you know and i got no noise from my parcel shelf, proberly because it is 12mm mdf (i made a new one). i say your number plate, the rear bumper and the fuel tank will rattle when it is nearly empty more then anything else in the car

cheers

scott

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Yeah, I don't have the dimensions off hand, however, the box is square - NOT rounded, but I'll take a picture of it's non-fitting soon.

Trennaa

Reaction score
Members Ride
Qwerty
Ok, I got the sub box dimensions:
Width - 344mm
Height - 370mm
Depth - 256mm

Space between floor and shelf in boot:
320mm.

Pictures
comming.