Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WK statesman seats in a VZ executive

Ant011

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Hi guys, I have aquired some statesman seats to fit to my car and was just wondering if there will be any wiring issues i am going to face and any ways to get around them if i do thanks

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
The Statesman seats will both have multiple power adjustments while the Eec only has four-way power operation for the driver'seat.

You can fit the new seats and just make up a basic wiring loom to run across under the carpet from the drivers seat wiring loom. That gives you power operation of both seatsbasic functions.

Forget about all the additional wiring leads controlling the memory settings unless you upgrade the cars Body Control Module. Lots of stuffing around for not much return.

Ant011

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
The Statesman seats will both have multiple power adjustments while the Eec only has four-way power operation for the driver'seat.

You can fit the new seats and just make up a basic wiring loom to run across under the carpet from the drivers seat wiring loom. That gives you power operation of both seatsbasic functions.

Forget about all the additional wiring leads controlling the memory settings unless you upgrade the cars Body Control Module. Lots of stuffing around for not much return.

So the drivers seat should not have a problem and i need to run wires from its wiring loom to the passangers seat is this what you are saying

Ant011

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Just got a my first chance to look at the wiring so it has the same airbag and seatbelt plugsbut the power on the car has a three wire plug (black, Red, brown) and the seats have a 2 wire plug (Black, Red) am i able to just wire the 2 wire plug to the car and just forget the brown even exists. Or is this wire important. I havnt got the old seats out yet so i cannot trace where the wire goes or what its fot

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
That's basically it. The connecting plugs for the power functions might be different between Exec and Stato but the colour coding for the various wires should be the same.

I installed Calais seats into.my VY Berlina a few years ago and I'm assuming that the Stato and Calais seat wiring was the same.

The top level seats have a module for the memory settings which you can ignore as I mentioned earlier. Just pick out the wires fot up/down and forward/backward to match your Exec setup. The only other function you need is the electric recline. If I remember correctly the power feed for that function was incorporated in the seat switches.

It's really not too hard. Just make sure you disconnect the battery before removing the seats so that there is no chance of activating any air bags and DON'T reconnect the battery until every connection is secured.

The separate bright yellow connectors are for the air bags and seat belt pre-tensioners. The Stato seats will have air bags. Your Exec might not.

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Your last post was completed before I'd finished the post above.

I've looked at the wiring charts for the various VY models and it sppears that the red and black were common to all. Red was power and black was earth. The switches then provide power to the chosen function.

I can't see any reference to a brown wire for any level. It might be the feed for the seat belt pre-tensioner which is why it's not in the power seat wiring section.

See if you can trace it under the seat. The pre-tensioner is bolted to the seat frame so it all lifts out as a single unit.

Ant011

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Thank you so if it is just for pre-tensioner can i just cut the brown wire out and wire up a two wire plug to the car with just the pos and neg wires attached to it and run another two wires from that to the passanger seat without any problems

Calaber

Nil Bastardo Carborundum
Reaction score
Members Ride
CG Captiva 5 Series 2
Whatever you do don't cut the pre tensioner wire if that's what it is.. It's an important part of the car's secondary safety system.

Check the Statesman seats. Do they have the inner seat belt units still bolted to the inner side rail? If so, where do the feed wires run and what colour are they? What sort of fitting do they have to connect to the wiring loom?

As for the feed to the passenger's seat, yes- just red and black feed wires should be sufficient.

Ant011

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Statesman seats still have pre-tensioner belt buckle attached (hope this is what you ment) the wires are brown and green and run to the yellow plug. A mate thinks the brown wire may be for the heated seats that come in some models (not fitted to my car) would this be possibe do they use the same harness for different models and just leave some unplugged

Ant011

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive
Also can i attach the seats straight to battery to test them before putting then in the car