Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL Park brake adjuster cylinder assembly.

wademan200

Reaction score
Members Ride
WL statesman
Hello.
A life time of incorrect adjusting of the part brake has cause damage to the part that the adjusters sit in. I can't find that part anywhere, I don't even know what it's call. Does anyone know where to get them or what they are called?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231104-132142085 (1).jpg
    Screenshot_20231104-132142085 (1).jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 68

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
Hello.
A life time of incorrect adjusting of the part brake has cause damage to the part that the adjusters sit in. I can't find that part anywhere, I don't even know what it's call. Does anyone know where to get them or what they are called?
do you mean the backing plate wl would that be the same as vt-vz try any wreckers
here s a left side one on ebay to suit vy-vz see see if it matches in the pic

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon

rambunctious

Reaction score
Members Ride
VZ Executive Wagon
I would suggest if you are unable to fine some adjuster sections in good condition, you may have to repair what you have or get someone to repair it depending of course what the actual problem is.
Anything worn can usually be built up with weld and then drilled/ground back/machined.

Lex

Reaction score
Members Ride
VT Executive S1 V6 6 speed Auto Wagon
I just copied the relevant section.
It's actually of a ve
  • Jun 3, 2010
hey thanks for the effort fellas but it's ok now...i had forgotten that i had access to VE service information..the mechanism in the handbrake i was talking about is called the "park brake actuator"...the following diagram is of a VE actuator..works a tiny bit differently compared to the the VY to what i could see...but as you can see, part 1 in the diagram screws straight into part 2(the toothed wheel you turn when adjusting)...the grooves in parts 1 and 5 is where the handbrake shoe sits in...what had happened was, was that part 1 was screwed so tightly into part 2 that it wouldn't turn...so i grabed the parts, stuck it in the vice and got it undone using the part of the brake shoe that goes into the groove (screwdrivers weren't big enough)...all i did now was give the threads a quick clean, popped it back in its place, sit the shoe back in correctly, put the rotor back on, caliper back on, and adjusted it as you normally would...i hope this helps anyone else that has the same problem..thanks heaps anyway guys.
cheers

Attachments​

• HANDBRAKE ACTUATOR.jpg
    HANDBRAKE ACTUATOR.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 4,310

stick3

Reaction score
Members Ride
vz sedan vs ute gsx1400
I just copied the relevant section.
It's actually of a ve
hey thanks for the effort fellas but it's ok now...i had forgotten that i had access to VE service information..the mechanism in the handbrake i was talking about is called the "park brake actuator"...the following diagram is of a VE actuator..works a tiny bit differently compared to the the VY to what i could see...but as you can see, part 1 in the diagram screws straight into part 2(the toothed wheel you turn when adjusting)...the grooves in parts 1 and 5 is where the handbrake shoe sits in...what had happened was, was that part 1 was screwed so tightly into part 2 that it wouldn't turn...so i grabed the parts, stuck it in the vice and got it undone using the part of the brake shoe that goes into the groove (screwdrivers weren't big enough)...all i did now was give the threads a quick clean, popped it back in its place, sit the shoe back in correctly, put the rotor back on, caliper back on, and adjusted it as you normally would...i hope this helps anyone else that has the same problem..thanks heaps anyway guys.
cheers

Attachments​

• HANDBRAKE ACTUATOR.jpg
    HANDBRAKE ACTUATOR.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 4,310
no lex vy- vz heres a utube vid 5min30sec u see it

Reactions: Lex