Welcome to Just Commodores, a site specifically designed for all people who share the same passion as yourself.

Just Commodores Forum Community

It takes just a moment to join our fantastic community

Register

WL Statesman headunit replacement - good, factory-looking double din?

wks

Reaction score
Members Ride
Statesman
Hi everyone.

I'm looking for a matt black OEM CLEAN looking double din stereo with nav, and a USB for a 2005 WL Statesman.

So far I've looked at the:

Kenwood ddx-419
Dynavin products (my favourite looking, all bad reviews, though.)

I use an iPhone. Minus $1000 for the unit preferably that won't be a major pain in the ass to install. I did like DASH by the Kickstarter guys, but it's still not shipping.

Also, which fascia will I require?

Any suggestions?

1_johnboy

Reaction score
Members Ride
11` VE Omega
I was in this boat some time back. Wanted to keep it all clean looking. Looked into a oem intergration unit so I could amp and sub off a factory unit. In the end I gave up as it is expencive to keep the factory look.

I chucked a sony xav-701bt in my stato. Doesnt look as good as original, but gained so much from it. Kept steering wheel remotes, kept green dash lighting.

I used a facia from jb hifi. Cant remember the brand but not real happy with the colour/texture match. Was about $20

goodie78

Reaction score
Members Ride
VK Berlina 304 / VE SS Manual LPG
Hi,
A friend of mine just got a Digoptions replacement head unit for her WH Stato, I'm about to put it in on the weekend. It cost around $480 shipped including postage from Melbourne. It came with a reverse camera and steering wheel interface. The reviews on various other forums are good, and the Aussie distributor - Matt is very helpful.

Honestly, the features this thing has is impressive. My friend chose it because of the flexibility the software has and it's a windows based unit as well as being ipod compatable. The website is DIG Options Australia - Options for Life.